Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Pest  (Read 1327 times)

cjogo

To Pest
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:05 pm »

Crossing the River -- Buda to Pest

amolitor

Re: To Pest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:21 am »

I dunno if it's the depth of field or the clarity of the air or just the point of view, but city and the bridge look a little like toys here. I like it!

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:05:10 pm »

I think it must be the wide angle and how the bricks play a dominant role in the perspective....

amolitor

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:19 pm »

Now that I look again, I remember that it's especially the bridge. I took the bridge for a smallish footbridge at the moment I first saw the picture (and I still do, every time I look). I don't know if that's good, "good", or what, but I do enjoy the effect.

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:26:52 pm »

It appears as if the low rock wall has been cleaned to the left of the lamp post.  It was good of you to take this picture before they cleaned further to the right and thus diminished your fine composition.

Bruce

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:34:57 pm »

Now that I look again, I remember that it's especially the bridge. I took the bridge for a smallish footbridge at the moment I first saw the picture (and I still do, every time I look). I don't know if that's good, "good", or what, but I do enjoy the effect.

Yes, when prompted I can see it that way.  The promenade, which is two-thirds of the picture, has a definite human scale; there is little transition and, what there is, is hard to read.

Bruce
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:39:31 pm by Bruce Cox »

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:44:02 pm »

Crossing the River -- Buda to Pest
I haven't wanted to talk about this photo because of what it looks like on my monitor. But as I said to RogerNZ, monitors tend to reduce the quality of B&W photos in my experience. So, I am going to assume this makes fantastic prints!

This is a great square composition with an interesting zig-zag construction of texture and pattern. There's linearity and fair curves as well that come together really well here. Good lighting, good tone, interesting content all over. Very pleasing in a travel photo kind of way. That's not demeaning, it just means it doesn't seem to project any "deep purpose" beyond that. It's pleasing.

cjogo

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »

Sometimes the quality diminishes --- when you decrease a 60meg file down to a 4 -- you tend  loose a little .  

I was trying to do a non-touristy common shot of the  Chain bridge .  Relied on the sidewalk/promenade wall  ;)  The lamppost just had enough vertical placement to join everything together ...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:44:16 pm by cjogo »

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:48:34 pm »

I've been there! On that very spot. Going there again this summer. Great vistas for photography! I know it's not a critique, but I'm just sayin' nice photograph.
Pages: [1]   Go Up