Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Short Tripods  (Read 2029 times)

Michael West

Best Short Tripods
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »

Im in the market for a tripod which at its minimum length will fit on the rack of my electric cargo bike.

Id measure the rack and post its dimensions but dont have a ruler on hand .

the cargo rack is close to 24 inches in length.

Any reccomendations?

jrsforums

John

Michael West

Re: Best Short Tripods
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:26 am »

Thank you.

Now to visit the last local camera shop in my neck of the woods for a test drive.

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:15:34 am »

The Induro CT114http://www.indurogear.com/products_details_CT114.html#specs is about half the price of the Gitzo and just as capable, durable and stable.  It's a couple inches longer when folded (19") but still small enough to fit on your rack. 

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:40:32 pm »

I have an old Bogan 3021 (Manfrotto 055) that a horse decided to crush between my leg and a tree (painful!). The repair (to the tripod) wasn't great so it was retired in favor of a new Bogan/Manfrotto 3021/055prob. I'm going to take 4 inches off of each leg section of the old Bogan. That will repair all of the damage of the mismatched parts and make a rock solid short tripod.

I also lost a Luna Pro F light meter on that job. Bounced right out of my vest and couldn't be found later. It was a rough ride. I had to sell that job 3 times to recoup my equipment losses. Moral - tripods and horses don't mix. If you have to work on horseback, travel light and strap it down!!

No help for the OP but kind of an interesting tale.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:37:35 pm by rgs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up