Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another PS Horror Example  (Read 1601 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website

Rob C

Re: Another PS Horror Example
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:18 am »

Sarah Jessica Parker photoshopped? Looks like alien in Harper's Bazaar China

I've never seen the lady in the flesh - difficult to make a valid statement on this, so I better not make one at all.

Perhaps a cup of coffee instead? But, even that's now threatened: my cardio, years ago, ordered a maximum of one a day (coffees, not cardios) and for several years I followed his dictum, religiously. Then, I began to get careless and currently have an intake of around three or four each day, but they are all de-caffed. The point of revealing this to you is that this morning, on Sky tv (which I watch but wish I didn't), a lady told us all that coffee is dangerous for pregnant mums, and can cause underweight children to come into this world. I can, of course, think of worse things such as overweight children coming into this world, but what was quite alarming was the revelation that chocolate also contains the dreaded caff!

Three tiny sections of black choc along with a single almond nut biscuit from the local patisserie, taken with another cup of coffee are my reward when I come home from my immediate postprandial stroll, looking at all those yachts I'll never be able to afford without a lottery blessing. So now there's guilt! On top of resigned envy.

No wonder I prefer to watch Aljazeera during Saturday and Sunday lunches chez moi. It deals more in standard disaster scenarios and confused middle-eastern debates where everyone shouts at the same time. Quite familiar, really....

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »

Rob, the time will / has come when you have to find a balance between living longer and enjoying life!

Jeremy

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 03:13:51 pm »

This crap goes on and on. One week coffee is deadly, the next week it's just fine. Week after that eggs are poison, week after that eggs are dandy. Month after that booze is catastrophic, a week later it's good for your heart. I guess that's why what the folks who think this stuff up do is called "practicing" medicine. I have a friend, a retired dentist no less, who reads all the latest stuff on the danger of eating. He refuses to eat white bread or potatoes.

I think Jeremy's on to something, Rob.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up