Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Standing  (Read 5008 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: No Standing
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 04:57:15 pm »

Cheers! And a handshake.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
Re: No Standing
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 02:59:16 pm »

What I see is the backs of some people on a wet street. I hate to even ask this, but what is the point of the picture?

Some people like street photography (SP), and other don't. Generally, it is among my least favorite forms of photography.

As SP, this image is one of the better examples I've seen. But consider the source as I almost never do "street photography" and usually do no more than glance at SP examples. If and when I ever decide to try SP, this seems like a pretty good example to study.

Further 2ยข:
  • I didn't notice the "karma" at first glance, but once it was pointed out (good catch ... the title doesn't mention it), it really adds to the image.
  • My understanding is that it is frowned on to do extensive p.p. on SP ... but does that extend to making the "karma" more noticeable with localized / masked contrast increase? Or do I have a flawed understanding of SP
  • Agree that the contrast should probably be lower on this rainy day. If so, that might increase the ability to get the "karma" more noticeable with higher contrast ... if appropriate for SP.
  • If I were the photography, I'd be temped to make a mental note of just where this "karma" sign is, and be inclined to come back to it on a semi-regular basis. It lends itself to all kinds of possibilities. Ok, that isn't all that spontaneous, but still ...
  • Perhaps lurk for some "random act of kindness" ... or the opposite?
  • Or perhaps stage something like a grandfather and grandson walking under it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:01:12 pm by l_d_allan »
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up