Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge  (Read 2103 times)

kenben

Bridge
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

When I open a folder in Bridge all my photos become washed out. It is like watching marching ants going one by one as each photo becomes washed out. The only ones not touched are the ones I have processed in Camera Raw.

D Fosse

Re: Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:34 am »

Wide gamut monitor?

I see the same, and it's normal. Initially you see a non-color-managed thumbnail, and then the Bridge-generated previews kick in. The thing is, Bridge previews are sRGB jpegs, so they are oversaturated until...

...finally, the monitor profile is applied.

So you see two changes before it settles.

kenben

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:22 am »

I just have a normal 21.5" Samsung monitor.
I also profile my monitor.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:41 am »

Wide gamut monitor?

I see the same, and it's normal. Initially you see a non-color-managed thumbnail, and then the Bridge-generated previews kick in. The thing is, Bridge previews are sRGB jpegs, so they are oversaturated until...

...finally, the monitor profile is applied.

So you see two changes before it settles.

Sounds like you've changed the default processing settings in Bridge.  The 'marching ants' is probably Bridge redrawing the thumbnails based on the new presets.

bjanes

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:29 am »

When I open a folder in Bridge all my photos become washed out. It is like watching marching ants going one by one as each photo becomes washed out. The only ones not touched are the ones I have processed in Camera Raw.

With Bridge and my NEC PA241w monitor profiled with the Spectraview software, my display looks normal. The initial images are those from the camera jpeg preview, which uses the camera settings for contrast and saturation, etc.

The later view is from the ACR rendering of the raw files, and that depends on the default settings in ACR, which are somewhat conservative as regards saturation using the Adobe standard profile and the default settings. If you want more contrast and saturation you can change the defaults or use a camera profile duplicating the camera rendering, e.g. Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, etc for my camera.

Regards,

Bill

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »

Bridge is applying your default ACR camera setting to any and all raw files that do not have a setting applied to them (with its XMP sidecar file).

Open an image in ACR and adjust it to your liking. Before you close the ACR dialogue box, click the far-right down-arrow in the settings tabs and select "Save as new camera default". Then close the file and apply the settings to the raw image. Back in Bridge, the program will reset the previews according to that new camera default setting.

Obviously, each image will need its own specific ACR setting, but this is a way to get the previews "in the ballpark".

To make sure each raw image has its own ACR settings file, simply copy the develop settings from one preview and paste it to any image(s) you want. Then Bridge will use that XMP setting to generate the preview of the image.
~ CB

kenben

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:43 am »

Thanks everyone.
I never had this problem until I got CS6.
When I go into raw with selected photo I noticed that all my settings have been made.
They are way out to lunch.
The photos are washed out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up