Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Boat Shed  (Read 2001 times)

wayne_eddy

Blue Boat Shed
« on: February 18, 2013, 06:27:03 am »

Hi all,

It's been a long time for me to post here, but here is my latest submission.

5DMKIII, 24-105mm L, LEE Big Stopper.

Blended images: separate sky and subject/foreground.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Blue Boat Shed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:30:41 am »

I like it very much, the photo has a strong composition, and interesting light. Is it me, or the water line is tilted slightly to the right?

wayne_eddy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:43 am »

I like it very much, the photo has a strong composition, and interesting light. Is it me, or the water line is tilted slightly to the right?

Good point about the water. I do recall using the straighten tool on this one somewhere along the PP. This is a river though and it does curve around , however as you point out the viewer may not be aware of that.

James Clark

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »

Love the tones and love the image.  I find the long-exposure water and the static clouds a little disconcerting, but I suspect that's only because I know that they can't both be "natural" to the image, so it's looks off to me.  I suspect no non-photographer would notice or care.  I'm not even sure *I* care - it just stood out to me. 

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:28:06 am »

Nice, the water adds a lot to this image. The fact that the clouds have not blurred with the long exposure is even better.

Tony Jay

spreeg

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:55 pm »

I was thinking that was odd too, but noticed he mentioned that the sky is a separate picture.

Nice, the water adds a lot to this image. The fact that the clouds have not blurred with the long exposure is even better.

Tony Jay

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:37:38 pm »

I like image immensely but have to nitpick the front of the boat shed as being too bright given the low position of the sun..should be a fairly long shadow in front and thereis not..for graphics sake, I can live with it... ;D
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: [1]   Go Up