Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pantone, Calibration  (Read 1294 times)

lumines

Pantone, Calibration
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:01:57 am »

Good color is subjective. (as beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

I notice Pantone has their own color matching, numbering system. What about the color spectrum gamut in Lightjet or Inkjets? (eg. prophoto or rgb)
Based on an exact rgb number within a specific color space, how close will a color match or differ?

Can a lightjet 430 take and print a ProPhoto rgb file? (with a wider gamut than rgb?; capable of 16 billion colors?) Though ideal is a custom, just fitting the gamut.

I have two different cameras, each shoots raw from the company's own algorithm. I'd like to calibrate (ICC) both cameras, so they'll print with a more standard color base.
Is the 24 colorchecker passport too limiting? Or should I collect paint sample swatches as well as different color products to make a test target; profile?

Will this be similar; better than a standard color chart? (colorchecker sg chart? has good with negative reviews) Silverfast has a similar product for digital cameras, (studio target, pocket target). Reviews on this?
Is the surface on these charts more accurate in construction in determining rgb values?

Should each lens photograph the color target charts, or just the camera body with whichever lens?

Upon photographing the targets, what software or process is best to match then find discrepancies in the printer's test profile;target;chart and a person's own camera profile target charts ? (achievable in all printer types? eg. inkjet's, lightjets, mimaki)

thierrylegros396

Re: Pantone, Calibration
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »

Here is the place to post this kind of question an to learn  ;) ;)

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?board=45.0

Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up