Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned  (Read 1321 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Abandoned
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:46:48 am »

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Abandoned
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:48 am »

Yup.  That it is!  Except for the local wildlife, anyway.  Did you consider doing any keystone correction, or are you content with it as is?

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:27:25 am »

I did some but honestly think the building is leaning forward in its journey toward total oblivion. Will check however. Thanks for the observation..

As to local wildlife, I never saw the first thing fly, crawl, run, slither or (no water of course), swim by and I was there for over an hour. This was as quiet and desolate a place as I've ever been.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:55:22 am »

Slight processing variation. Redo did reveal a slight tilt abberation as a smidgeon of perspective off.

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

Slight processing variation. Redo did reveal a slight tilt abberation as a smidgeon of perspective off.

You couldn't give it just a tad more space on the right, could you? It looks cramped.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:51:54 pm »

You couldn't give it just a tad more space on the right, could you? It looks cramped.

Jeremy

I agree and I would try either to reshoot or use content-aware tool in PP.
Francois

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:55:49 pm »

I will probably do a reshoot and go for a more horizontal composition.

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:17 am »

I will probably do a reshoot and go for a more horizontal composition.

That's certainly worth a try, but it wasn't my point. The dark sky complements the abandoned building. I like the vertical composition: I'd just prefer it (as the punchline in the original shaggy dog story almost goes) not so damn vertical.

Jeremy

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:35 am »

That was my "not as successful as I thought it would be" attempt to give the building back some of its former majesty, lording over the community it supported for so long.

I do understand what you're getting at and I will incoporprate that vertical/horizontal thinking into the next compositions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up