Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character  (Read 978 times)

armand

• Photos
Character
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »

Character

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Character
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:32:43 pm »

"You should have seen the other guy" - based on the number of stitches this one got  ;D

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:33:14 am »

Character
I see the concept well enough. It's a creative idea. But the photograph "of that idea" isn't delivering much punch. It might be simply too obvious. I don't think it's a technical problem with the photograph, it is photographed well enough. If you still like the idea, PURSUE IT. Which mean, find another way to present this idea with a photograph. Try something else.

There's always this conflict: What your mind imagines the photograph will look like vs. what actually comes out on the photograph. When it doesn't work, think about why, adjust your plan, and re-photograph it.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:36:11 am »

I would see if a longer focal length would make the lines parallel. More character?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:57 pm »

I see the concept well enough. It's a creative idea. But the photograph "of that idea" isn't delivering much punch. It might be simply too obvious. I don't think it's a technical problem with the photograph, it is photographed well enough. If you still like the idea, PURSUE IT. Which mean, find another way to present this idea with a photograph. Try something else.

There's always this conflict: What your mind imagines the photograph will look like vs. what actually comes out on the photograph. When it doesn't work, think about why, adjust your plan, and re-photograph it.

It came out quite close to what I had in mind.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:11 pm »

It came out quite close to what I had in mind.
Excellent. We always hope for that!

amolitor

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »

This strikes me as a swing and a miss. It doesn't do anything for me.

I understand the impulse to shoot it, I shoot this sort of thing from time to time. Later, I realize it's not as cool as it looked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up