Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recommendation for portable handheld picture viewer  (Read 2651 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

recommendation for portable handheld picture viewer
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »

my old touch screen phone had the ability to store my photos. It died, and I replaced it with a low tech flip phone, for various reasons. I want to cary a pocketable devise that I can use to show my photos. On my old phone I could use my PC to access the memory card. This allowed me to make directories for various subjects, then down load to those directories. I do have an ipod, and this does exactly what I want, but is too large to carry around.
Thanks in advance.
dave in NJ

Dave Gurtcheff

Re: recommendation for portable handheld picture viewer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:06 pm »

Sorry, I have an ipad, not ipod.
Dave

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:24:06 pm »

Why not an iPod?  Seems like it would fill the bill with the advantage of working as you are accustomed with the iPad .....

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:05:27 am »

thanks. I will look into an ipod touch.
Dave

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:11 am »

I used an iPod Touch for this before I got an iPhone. I also have a 1st-gen iPad, but I rarely use it now that I carry a Macbook Air on location.

My wife just got an iPad Mini, and I am surprised at how much I like it. I think it would do a fine job as a digital portfolio, and fits in more places than the larger version.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »

I used an iPod Touch for this before I got an iPhone. I also have a 1st-gen iPad, but I rarely use it now that I carry a Macbook Air on location.

My wife just got an iPad Mini, and I am surprised at how much I like it. I think it would do a fine job as a digital portfolio, and fits in more places than the larger version.

+1 on the mini.  I got one for a location device with cellular and I love the thing.  I have a full sized iPad3 but its not seeing much use these days.  The mini is easy to carry and use and it makes a great display device for showing images.  Plus everyone wants touch and try it :)
Craig Lamson Photo

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »

One more vote for the Mini

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:53:59 am »

I've been using a 16 gig Nexus 7 since August. Only $200, with a terrific Hi Rez display (Higher rez man iPad Mini, but less saturation). For $300, you can get the 32 gig with G3 connection.

It's slimmer than the mini, making it easier to hold. I've used it with an OTG cable tethering with D800E, but found it more convenient to use EyeFi card to download small jpeg shots for near instantaneous viewing and focus evaluation.

Using OTG cable & thumbdrive, (with Nexus media software) you can view large photo collections when out of range of wifi (clumbsy software though). Much better use is watching RIPPED movies. Of course there are the popular cloud viewing apps too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up