Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Valley of Desolation  (Read 8596 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: The Valley of Desolation
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 08:56:26 pm »

Hmm ...alter ego? ;)

I take the references to "alter egos" to suggest RG and I are the one and same person. Let me know if I am wrong.

I proceed on my assumption.

This suggestion is typical of what goes on in this forum. Instead of sticking to critiques of images, some people persist in going to the person behind the postings they have issue with.  In various ways, these people try to discredit the poster or their postings.

Let's assume that RG and I are the same person. What is the problem with that? Why not just stick to commenting on the postings from all two of us? Why look for reds under the beds?

Please stay on topic—critiquing and submitting photos.

For the record, I am not Redwood Guy. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I would give you my name but I don't think that is fair because it may put pressure on RG to give his name to prove he is not me and he may have strong reasons for not doing so.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 11:46:02 pm »

I would give you my name but I don't think that is fair because it may put pressure on RG to give his name to prove he is not me and he may have strong reasons for not doing so.
A while back Michael, at whose website we are all guests, asked all members to use their real names instead of obscure "handles." Most of us who were around at that time did change to using our full names. I personally think Michael's request was highly appropriate.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

dmerger

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

Yes, a few months ago Michael said “we prefer real names here, not pseudonyms.”  I’m not aware of any other such comments by him.  Not sure if anything has been added to the registration process, but I’m not aware of anything.  It seems like a lot of people are using their real names, but a lot still don’t.  Personally I don’t care whether someone uses their real name or a pseudonym, but it’s up to Michael.  Unless and until he makes some form of official policy, I’d say people should be able to do as they please, and shouldn’t be criticized if they don’t use their full names.
Dean Erger

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 02:28:16 am »

... For the record, I am not Redwood Guy. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I would give you my name but I don't think that is fair..

Ah, Mr. Roger Hayman, you forgot this is the Internet era, and everything is just a few clicks away ;)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 02:41:51 am »

And you buggers accuse me of hijacking a thread!  ;)

i.e. Inspector Blagojevic and PC Stamper.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:44 am »

Ah, Mr. Roger Hayman, you forgot this is the Internet era, and everything is just a few clicks away ;)
This is called cyberstalking. Ref: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/10/top-3-signs-you-are-an-online-stalker/  and here: http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/telecom/cyberstalking-and-cyberharassment-laws.aspx

In all 50 states  this is against the law, as it well should be. I am not speaking for Roger, but because of your suspicious,  peculiar and extremely odd behavior, I am giving you this public declaration that you do NOT have my permission to release any information about me on this forum, including my name, or address, or any other such information.

Your snide threat that "everything is a few clicks away" is not even remotely humorous to me in this age of cyberstalking, cybercrime and worse.

I think you have exceeded the bounds of normal behavior on any forum I know of.

stamper

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:48 am »

And you buggers accuse me of hijacking a thread!  ;)

i.e. Inspector Blagojevic and PC Stamper.

I will give you credit for being the first. :)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 04:09:32 am »

Well done, Slobodan! I was never into hiding my identity. I joined some years ago and used my standard forum login. I had never appreciated that I could set up a signature with my name, as I see others have done.

When I find out how to do this, I will set up a signature with my name.
Roger Hayman
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 07:46:19 am »

. . . he may have strong reasons for not doing so.

No question about that.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:00 am »

Well done, Slobodan! I was never into hiding my identity. I joined some years ago and used my standard forum login. I had never appreciated that I could set up a signature with my name, as I see others have done.

When I find out how to do this, I will set up a signature with my name.
Roger Hayman

Go to profile, Account Settings. I just did it and it's pretty simple.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:49 am »

For the record, I am not Redwood Guy. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I would give you my name but I don't think that is fair because it may put pressure on RG to give his name to prove he is not me and he may have strong reasons for not doing so.

So evidently you're saying there's something you and/or RG want to hide, and therefore you're both afraid to use your real names.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 09:09:09 am »

This is called cyberstalking. Ref: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/10/top-3-signs-you-are-an-online-stalker/  and here: http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/telecom/cyberstalking-and-cyberharassment-laws.aspx

In all 50 states  this is against the law, as it well should be. I am not speaking for Roger, but because of your suspicious,  peculiar and extremely odd behavior, I am giving you this public declaration that you do NOT have my permission to release any information about me on this forum, including my name, or address, or any other such information.

Your snide threat that "everything is a few clicks away" is not even remotely humorous to me in this age of cyberstalking, cybercrime and worse.

I think you have exceeded the bounds of normal behavior on any forum I know of.

Drivel. He's looked up someone's name, no doubt using that tool of the oppressor, Google, and made a comment which is accurate (you may dislike its accuracy, but that's another matter). You do your own case no good by citing facile articles such as the first in support, although I suppose anything said by "psychologist and addiction expert Seth Meyers" should be given all the attention it's worth.

Your "public declaration" is wholly meaningless.

Jeremy

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 09:22:49 am »

By the very same statutes you cited, no one is guilty of cyberstalking as it is described in said statues.

Cyberstalking.  Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.

Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it may generally be defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.

Just from the reading of each post, no one has posted any threats to another's safety or well being or by tormenting said individual. You may not like your personal information being researched, but I will suspect Facebook, Google and yahoo have more information about you than your mother.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Heinz

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 09:42:06 am »

Hey Guy's

I think that we drifted ever so slighty from the topic.

Should there be any more input regarding the image, please feel free to crit. I have broad shoulders and can take a crit, I will not sulk nor will I throw my toy's out my cot.

Should anyone take the time to look at any image that I post, and still make a comment, whether it is only a few words or a whole page, then I will take the time to read the reply and value the input given.

Thanks,
Heinz

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 09:49:20 am »

By the very same statutes you cited, no one is guilty of cyberstalking as it is described in said statues.

Cyberstalking.  Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.

Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it may generally be defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.

Just from the reading of each post, no one has posted any threats to another's safety or well being or by tormenting said individual. You may not like your personal information being researched, but I will suspect Facebook, Google and yahoo have more information about you than your mother.
Are you speaking on behalf of the forum management?

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 09:50:00 am »

Sorry, I did not comment earlier but pretty much anything I could add had already been covered. I would, on a second look, probably boost the midtone contrast on the bush to offset some of the "darker" areas on the left side but also to help direct the eye down the canyon. As it sits, it tends to blend in too much with the sky.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:52:54 am by Chris Calohan »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 09:51:33 am »

Sorry, Heinz!

I actually have every intention to comment on your image, it's just that this flurry of posts an PMs I've been experiencing as of lately caused me to respond rather impulsively.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 09:51:41 am »

RG, nope...just citing your cites, excitedly.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 10:00:57 am »

RG, nope...just citing your cites, excitedly.
I was hoping not, since you seem to know less about cyberstalking than you know about photography, and yet as usual, sounding so sure of yourself.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 10:06:43 am »

Drivel. He's looked up someone's name, no doubt using that tool of the oppressor, Google, and made a comment which is accurate (you may dislike its accuracy, but that's another matter). You do your own case no good by citing facile articles such as the first in support, although I suppose anything said by "psychologist and addiction expert Seth Meyers" should be given all the attention it's worth.

Your "public declaration" is wholly meaningless.

Jeremy
Do you do any photography there Higgins, or is this whole of your talent -- houseman?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up