• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Cliche
« on: February 16, 2013, 04:41:26 pm »

Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
Re: Cliche
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

In a world where just about everyone has a camera with them by way of their phone, all photographs are becoming cliche. Facebook alone has had 10 billion images uploaded to it and I would guess Instagram isn't far behind. Granted, the vast majority of images loaded to those sites is bad photography, it is photography none the less. Just about all subject matter is covered, from pretty sunsets to street to Starbucks coffee cups.

As far as "cliches" go,  I love the light in this and I think that is what makes this stand out.

amolitor

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:38 pm »

It's hard to leave those damned peeling doors alone, isn't it?

The light was worth it, I think.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

You're right, Andrew. I just couldn't pass it up. And Ed, yes, that's why I couldn't pass it up. It's been done ten thousand times by everybody from Strand and Sheeler to some guy last week in one of the cliche magazines that printed it and then told you about ignoring the rules and thinking outside the box and following your creativity. But it's still irresistible.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:09:13 am »

It's hard to leave those damned peeling doors alone, isn't it?

The light was worth it, I think.

And abandoned buildings with broken or missing window panes..  ::)

You're right, Andrew. I just couldn't pass it up. And Ed, yes, that's why I couldn't pass it up. It's been done ten thousand times by everybody from Strand and Sheeler to some guy last week in one of the cliche magazines that printed it and then told you about ignoring the rules and thinking outside the box and following your creativity. But it's still irresistible.

I really like the shot Russ, please don't feel the need to apologise, it is simple yet detailed and has great composition and lighting, so what could possibly be wrong with that?

This image of yours Russ, is the kind of work that presses all the right buttons for me, I know I am a landscape shooter 99% of the time, but in a quiet moment and when I am doing photography just for the sake of pleasing me and only me, then simplified abstract hunting is where I like to go. So in my opinion, clichéd or not, who cares? Well seen and well shot. A good image is a good image is a good image after all :)

Dave
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:17:46 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »
Pages: [1]   Go Up