Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16/02/13  (Read 1542 times)

Riaan van Wyk

16/02/13
« on: February 16, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »

Your thoughts please?

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
Re: 16/02/13
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »

Your thoughts please?

It's one of your better driftwood shots, Riaan. I think the shadows could be opened up a little and I'd prefer a looser crop: it looks cramped at the sides, particularly the left.

Jeremy

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:57:59 pm »

It's one of your better driftwood shots, Riaan. I think the shadows could be opened up a little and I'd prefer a looser crop: it looks cramped at the sides, particularly the left.

Jeremy
+1

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »

It's one of your better driftwood shots, Riaan.

I also like it Riaan.

There are five "spots" in the foreground that confuse me though...I can't work out why it looks like those five spots are the result water movement on a slow shutter speed, and yet the other foamy bubbles are not blurred?

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 05:09:56 pm »

Your thoughts please?
Looks like this could be a very good subject with a lot of interesting potential. Driftwood + water + sunset = opportunity. I like the idea and the subject, but I think it is way too tightly framed. I think this thing needs room to bloom. (If that's the full image, I'd consider cutting right into then rather than the way it is)

There are bright bubbles in the f/g and yet the subject is very dark. That's going to be a little counter productive I think. The bubbles are interesting though. I think the subject has to be really opened up so to see inside.

Good idea that can probably improve with some easy changes.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:34:16 am »

Jeremy

Yes.
If your mind is attuned t

Heinz

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 04:02:16 am »

Howzit Riaan,

What if you bounced some off camera flash from the left onto the stump.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 05:07:57 am »

Thanks for looking- it's appreciated. I'll be checking the photo on some other screens today as the shadows seem ok on my side so I might be flying blind at the moment.   

William, some of the bubbles moved slower than others due to the wave movement I guess.

Heinz, the flash story is something we can try when you come and visit! With a few beers thrown in of course.

stamper

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:08 am »

The shadows look fine on my monitor but then again it is a matter of taste. Perhaps removing what appears to be a ship in between the branches could make this fine image even better?
Pages: [1]   Go Up