the print was made after the printer was idle for a few days and I do believe there was a cleaning cycle happening just before the print started. I suppose some corrupt data could've been sent along the pipeline from other work I was doing on the computer waiting for the cleaning cycle to finish. I made half a dozen prints this afternoon with none of those problems, although a few other problems evolved.
The printer stopped about 1/3 of the way into a print. No error messages or anything - just dead stop. I turned it off and on again, and then it said that the paper wasn't loaded even though it was. I think when it was trying to load, it 'saw' the partially printed image and for some reason didn't read that there was paper. I tried reloading quite a few times, then tried a different roll. After shutting down/restarting a few times, it finally took. When I tried the original roll again, it wouldn't load... not until I manually cut the partial image off the roll, restarted the printer and tried again. It took almost an hour to get it working again, but when it started, it worked fine for those half dozen prints.
At one of the restarts, I got the out of ink warning (not just the low ink) on ALL the colours - something like what John had in another thread. A restart cleared that error though.
When it works.. it works great. And not one clog during this whole process! Just frustrating that I had to jump through hoops and waste an hour getting it to work. I hope it's not like this all the time and once my volume picks up (always slow at this time of year) that it just works.