Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning swim  (Read 512 times)

marvpelkey

Morning swim
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:28 pm »

Was actually in the process of composing the image with only the rock and background when these two decided to fly in and hang around. Have a couple, still unprocessed, of them flying out of the distant fog. I had to leave before they did so never did get the intended shot.

Marv

degrub

Re: Morning swim
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:04:12 am »

I rather like it. Nice symbolic balance between the here and the otherworld... It made me think of the times when i heard a goose that has suddenly lost it's mate... Very eery.

RedwoodGuy

Re: Morning swim
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:53:04 am »

Was actually in the process of composing the image with only the rock and background when these two decided to fly in and hang around. Have a couple, still unprocessed, of them flying out of the distant fog. I had to leave before they did so never did get the intended shot.

Marv

This kind of image is very compelling when it is done this well - which is rate. It is simple, explicit and very easy to get close to. It has a meditative, quiet quality that says tranquility. However if you get close, there is actually some dynamics in the wakes of the birds. Yes, it is subtle, but it is there and implies a relationship between the objects. The darker mass in the b/g is beautiful to discover. Sometimes it looks a bit foreboding, sometimes benign. Very nice.

The very large space that the objects float in is very effective, and I think the framing is good, but not perfect. It has a lot of personality and isn't something you see a million times again.  I like it very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up