Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 error code 58.11 Colour Sensor  (Read 2826 times)

jaq

HP Z3100 error code 58.11 Colour Sensor
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:26:55 pm »

Dear all,

after replacing the belt, i am not able to calibrate the Z3100. I get the message in Diagnostics mode:   ERROR 58:11 FAIL DeltaE out of limits 92.000 > 8. The colour Sensor seems not working properly.
I found already an old thread about this, but there was no solution. Any news?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=55878.0

Thanks, Jaq

tonywong

Charles Gast

Re: HP Z3100 error code 58.11 Colour Sensor
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:46 am »

I replaced the belt this week. It failed the line sensor test. The only reason I performed that diagnostic is the manual told me to. At the end it displayed an ominous FAIL message. I didn't see the light shine on the paper so at first I thought I killed the print carriage PCA board in some unknown way or inadvertently disconnected the ribbon cable. I went ahead and did the line sensor calibration and the led came on, it printed, and calibrated the sensor. So the bottom line is the line sensor diagnostic failed not because the sensor or its wiring was flawed but because the diagnostic routine in the software is flawed. No need to bother about that since it calibrated.
 In your position I would go ahead and calibrate and profile a media type then make a print. The first thing the spectro does is calibrate itself with the mirror mounted in the protective cover before opening the cover and reading the patches. If the spectro calibrates the paper, creates a profile, and a print using the profile is good then the only important diagnostic has passed!

jaq

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:03:40 am »

Charles,

It does not do any calibrations or profiling. During the calibrationprocess i get the 58.11. Same in the ESP diagnostics.
Printing is perfect!

Jaq

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:52:35 am »

ESP test failure and calibration + profiling still working is quite common. One theory is that the test has flaws. I guess that there could be a time limit on the ESP like the normal i1 spectrometers should be factory calibrated in time. Price of a new ESP or a i1 returned to X-rite for calibration is roughly the same.

If the unit fails to calibrate and profile, one should make sure that it is not a glitch in the connection between system and printer, A restart of the printer did help when I had problems like that. Driver and software issues could give similar errors.

If it is a hardware issue after a repair (belt) and no problems with the ESP before, you could check the ribbon cable connection that had to be uncoupled for the belt repair, commands and measuring data must go through that connection. The other options are the sliding door of the ESP being stuck due to ink drying in at the friction points. At the inside of that lid there must be a white reference patch to calibrate the ESP on in my opinion, not been there though. It could have yellowed in time or got filthy. The lens of the spectrometer could be filthy.

I did see a message where someone wrote that the ESP test expects a glossy paper to calibrate on, should be a very quality controlled and plane paper in that case. Why the ESP test does not ask for paper during the test is beyond me then. It could be the flaw mentioned at the top. Common sense says that a calibration patch is used on the sliding lid that protects the spectrometer lens too.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 07:34:54 am »

Another common mistake is trying the tests before finishing assembly with the lid off or lights shining in.  The interior needs to be dark.

Charles Gast

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »

When I had the carriage out of the machine for changing the belt I looked at the ESP. I had always been curious to see it. The door has a mirror in it. On the outside of the door you can see where the little mirror snaps in. I recall a long time ago someone complained that the ESP sensor optics would become contaminated with gloss enhancer and as a result needed regular cleaning. I don't see how that would be possible unless the door was removed. The backside of the mirror can easily become contaminated, but it is of no consequence. The side of the mirror pertinent to the calibration process is enclosed with the other ESP optics when the door is closed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up