Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Untitled Photograph  (Read 898 times)

RedwoodGuy

Another Untitled Photograph
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:55 am »

Attached

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Another Untitled Photograph
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:49:31 am »

I think this image lacks sponteneity. There's almost nothing about it which indicates a natural event from the color to the grain. Bottoms out for me.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:02 am »

Senior citizens sentenced to diversity/sensitivity training? Which one of the two? Or both? Oh, is that the ambiguity part?

But seriously, I actually like it. Makes you think and wonder. And insert your own content (prejudice?).

amolitor

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:01:08 am »

I'm with Slobodan, I think it's kinda good. All the elements pulling together to create a sort of uncomfortable feeling, and then the image on the screen and its built in and deliberate cognitive dissonance (at least for us white americans it's pretty hard to not be subtly tweaked by that sort of image and label). Nice. It says something that's not sayable in words, really, and it unfolds itself in the viewer's mind into something bigger than the photograph.

Well, this viewer, anyways.

And I think Slobodan said pretty much all that, at least the bits that are correct. I am solely responsible for the stupid and wrong parts.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:27:25 am »

Seems I am wrong completely but I still don't like it. C'est la vie.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:54:50 am »

Seems I am wrong completely but I still don't like it. C'est la vie.
Chris--
A critique can never be wrong. Critique is not a consensus building process. Your views are based on your background. Every critique is about the person making it, just as every photograph is too. It's not about changing minds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up