Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wild Cattle Creek  (Read 1137 times)

garyhill

• Gary Hill Landscape Photography
Wild Cattle Creek
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »

Greetings from Tannum Sands in Central Queensland, Australia. Wild Cattle Creek is located just a few minutes drive from my home. While I initially hoped to capture this image with some clouds to add some interest to the sky, I quite like to subtle graduation in colours from the horizon. I would welcome others comments and thoughts.

The attached panoramic image is stiched from 7 individual photos.

Cheers,

Gary

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Wild Cattle Creek
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 01:58:13 am »

Hi Gary, and welcome to the list! Overall I like the image... it's well-balanced, nicely framed, but there's a light spot (reflection?) on the extreme right, under the bushes that I find very distracting.  It stands out so much from the rest of the image that I want to keep looking over at it, think, 'Okay, nothing there...' but it draws me back again and again.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:54:11 am »

Stunning image Gary!

I tell you though that I have lost count of the number of Cattle Creeks I have crossed over in my travels through Queensland, Northern Territory, and Western Australia. Not as bad as the Fjordland of South Island, New Zealand - there they just number the creeks, no names.

The phenomenon that Mike is referring to is a reflection off the mud. There must be small gap in the bushes allowing the light through. I don't find it particularly distracting but if you do cloning it out should be easy.

Tony Jay

francois

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:33:09 am »

What a spectacular image, Bravo and welcome!
Francois

garyhill

• Gary Hill Landscape Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 06:27:01 am »

Thank you for the comments and feedback. I have to admit Mike that I had not noticed that small light spot that you mention. Its a small bright patch of water that must be just above the shadow of the tree line. Easily removed with some cloning or burning in.

Thanks again. About to post another image shortly.

Cheers,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up