Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographer-in-Training  (Read 870 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Photographer-in-Training
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:24 am »

Candid of my understudy, my niece.  In Saligao, Goa.  Blog post here.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Re: Photographer-in-Training
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:39:36 pm »

One of the things that makes me entertain a faint hope that the human race may survive and prosper is that it is just beginning to make full use of the talents of its female members.

On the image, I would immediately be tempted to try a tighter crop. I assume you thought about that and rejected it. I would be interested in why.

Ken Cameron

nemo295

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:42:15 pm »

One of the things that makes me entertain a faint hope that the human race may survive and prosper is that it is just beginning to make full use of the talents of its female members.

+1

Nice photo.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »

I like the emptiness around her. To me it suggests there is a whole vast world waiting for her to explore.

Very appealing.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:10:23 pm »

Thank you, all.

Ken, this framing just seemed right to me. I wanted to retain some context. I have a second image in my blog post that is even wider.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »

Candid of my understudy, my niece.  In Saligao, Goa.  Blog post here.

This is a delight to look at. The simplicity is so hard to achieve in this manner, that I took a good while to appreciate it. The gentle diffusion from f/g to b/g and the centered framing is what I think achieves this elegant simplicity. It takes great restraint to keep from zooming in tighter with the camera. You really have to see that edge to edge simplicity in the b/g and how it will work. The subject is intense in her self. I get a feeling of confidence and competence and freedom.

The colors are human and warm without being neonified, and the lighting is perfection.  The black pants make a perfect pedestal and the point of cutoff seems right. Could it be more effective with the camera just a little lower? Maybe. The photo is exposed right and all the details and technical aspects are spot on.

Very enjoyable.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:27 pm »

Ken, this framing just seemed right to me. I wanted to retain some context. I have a second image in my blog post that is even wider.
On  reflection, you are right. I do think, though, that there is another nice shot in there where you get a closer look at her.
Ken Cameron
Pages: [1]   Go Up