Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement for: Harman Pro Gloss FB AL  (Read 1098 times)

Raymond Bleesz

Replacement for: Harman Pro Gloss FB AL
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:04 pm »

The above paper, in 8 1/2 x 11 boxed 250 sheets was my "working print" paper which is no longer produced. I have ordered in the past boxes of 50 sheets but that is dwindling.

I like working with Harmon (Ilford) & I like the idea of having a box of 250 sheets for print consistency.

What are your recommendations for: a replacement paper specific (same feel, thickness, gloss et al or even better all the way around)----and it needs to be boxed at least at the 250 sheets?

Your input please.  Raymond

hugowolf

Re: Replacement for: Harman Pro Gloss FB AL
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:47:39 pm »

It is still available, but it is now called Harman Gloss Baryta and is distributed by Hahnemühle, although I think the largest quantity is now 30 sheets per box. There is really nothing quite like it. If you want 250 sheet boxes, then you would be looking for something completely different.

I buy it in 17 x 15 inch sheets, and 24 and 36 inch rolls, and haven't noticed much in the way of inconsistency between batches. You could buy 17 x 22 inch sheets and cut it down, that would give you 120 US letter sized sheets from the same batch.

Brian A
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:58:30 pm by hugowolf »

alain

Re: Replacement for: Harman Pro Gloss FB AL
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:45:06 am »

Hi

On my Harman gloss by Hahnemühle A3+ size box (30 sheets) there's a batchnr printed.  I expect that a decent shop can deliver you boxes from the same batch if you ask (and the nr of boxes is high enough).

Pages: [1]   Go Up