Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1Profiler 1.4.2 and Brightness  (Read 1986 times)

tony22

i1Profiler 1.4.2 and Brightness
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:29:33 pm »

I just upgraded i1Profiler to 1.4.2 and tried to create a new display profile. Something in this version must have changed, as I can no longer get a reading of 100 cd/m^3 off my display. My Contrast and overall RGB levels are the same as the last time I calibrated (with version 1.2.0 - yes I haven't upgraded in a while!), and with that previous version i1Profiler read 100 cd/m^3 right on the mark. Not sure what's going on.

I also don't like the new feedback display for the RGB sliders. Makes it very hard to zero in on the right settings.

smilem

• Color Management Services
Re: i1Profiler 1.4.2 and Brightness
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

I just upgraded i1Profiler to 1.4.2 and tried to create a new display profile. Something in this version must have changed, as I can no longer get a reading of 100 cd/m^3 off my display. My Contrast and overall RGB levels are the same as the last time I calibrated (with version 1.2.0 - yes I haven't upgraded in a while!), and with that previous version i1Profiler read 100 cd/m^3 right on the mark. Not sure what's going on.

I also don't like the new feedback display for the RGB sliders. Makes it very hard to zero in on the right settings.

So why don't you use v 1.2.0 for monitors and v1.4.2 for anything else, I haven't noticed any noticeable profile quality improvement over this upgrade it seems it was only on the interface of UI.

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
Re: i1Profiler 1.4.2 and Brightness
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:29:46 pm »

Yes ... it will be interesting if OP can get monitor reading of 100 with previous 1.2.0

With PMP5, I've noticed that the default install directory for Win-7 changed from 5.0.6 to 5.0.8 to 5.0.10 as I experiemented with different versions. I don't know if i1Profiler will be similar, so you can have both 1.2.0 and 1.4.2 installed at the same time, or if the install over-writes the previous installation.  It's probably possible to avoid an over-write.
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear
Pages: [1]   Go Up