Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edi Rama: Take back your city with paint  (Read 780 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Edi Rama: Take back your city with paint
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:16:23 am »

Well worth 15 minutes of your life.  What they've done reminds me of what Enrique Penalosa did in Bogota.  Two men, similar vision, incredible results:

http://www.ted.com/talks/edi_rama_take_back_your_city_with_paint.html

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rocco Penny

Re: Edi Rama: Take back your city with paint
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:59 am »

Wonderful work from a man that cares.

Watching local politics is a sport for me,
city planners, the mayor, city attorney, police and fire personnel
It is rare to see innovation here, but just over in Oakland, and to a degree some of the other cities in the bay area have begun catching on to information vital to the administration of public policy.
That's the thing, not understanding real systems,
they almost foul up before they start.
So just like most average people, most govt reject people like Bill Mckibbon or even someone as mainstream as a prime minister of another country.
They have rules here to thwart traditionally Portuguese heritage house colors,
always liked me a purple house with green brick pavers and red lava between the few tree roses and garden gnomes- some of those gnomes :) I remember one lady's yard had a ceramic herd of deer crossing an imaginary water course outlined by river rocks,
fake wells,
elaborate waterwheel...
destroying evil bit by bit...
takes a certain kind of person to put up a 1/8 scale working model of a midwest waterworks replete with windmill.
When Gaspar De Portola struck the first bells of genocide here on the California Coast in 1769 his overland party in a field near San Diego found to their surprise and wonder, a giant sized bird made from sticks and grasses,
if I remember right, 9 to 14 feet tall with an equally oversized wingspan,  the people seemed to use the thing as a center of um worship.
so it was important to even lithic people to have ideals represented by art.
Could you imagine rather than amen we'd all squawk like night herons?
haha thanks for your work wolfknowl
Pages: [1]   Go Up