Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Door /Windows  (Read 1912 times)

cjogo

Winter Door /Windows
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:26 pm »

Arizona Ghost Town

RedwoodGuy

Re: Winter Door /Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:31:48 am »

I get some initial curiosity and I have some visual interest when first seeing this. There's very interesting lighting on this derelict door with the broken windows and the light provides strong contrast evidence by the shapes of the shadows. The combination of the symmetrical and tight framing is effective at holding the attention to a small area, but it feels possibly too tight at the sides. All of that aside, there is apparently some kind of processing to the image which overpowers every other aspect of the photograph making it somewhat difficult to consider its photographic qualities. I can't tell what the f/g is due to the processing. I don't know of course, but I would think the original photograph is far more interesting than this processed version. I find myself trying to see though the processing to the photo underneath.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24:06 pm »

... but it feels possibly too tight at the sides... I find myself trying to see though the processing to the photo underneath.

Agreed on the framing. A little more air around the circular shapes, please.  I agree about the processing, too.  Especially the FG snow. It's far beyond "natural" and even transgresses "impressionistic", IMHO.

Other than that, though.  I love it.  Especially the shapes in the broken glass on the door.

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »

Thanks for words ..... this is TRi-X and some of that process could be the scanner picking up the grain ...the better the scanner = the more flaws that are captured .    Not much room to move the angle ~ lots of distractions to the left & right of the windows, unfortunately.

Lightened  the image somewhat
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:54:36 pm by cjogo »

nemo295

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:04 pm »

Photos of doors and windows are a dime a dozen. Make that a dime a million. But this one is more interesting than most.

cjogo

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »

nemo295

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »

Nice stuff.

cjogo

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 08:17:56 pm »

Thanks kindly ;)

cjogo

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 08:45:22 pm »

I do search out the unique door /window shot //// the guard spot on the way to the Praha Castle ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up