Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh deer  (Read 1775 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Oh deer
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:11:27 pm »

Driving out to the furthest remote end of the island the other day and came across this mounted onto the gable end of a very old, but still occupied farm house at the side of the road.

Can't work out if it is a bit of a creepy pagan type thing, or just a light hearted use of a dead animals skull with amusing black pebbles hanging over the eyes.

I have seen a dead ram effigy with a scary mask erected on the island last summer, now that definitely was creepy. Oh and you must also remember that the original Wicker Man with Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward was filmed very close to here.

Whoooooowwww!

Dave  ;D

francois

Re: Oh deer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:59:05 am »

I like it but I wouldn't hang the skull above my door. I also like the window and the cracks on the wall.
Well seen but I'm still wondering about a monochrome version. The image is a bit too small to notice the pebbles in the eye sockets.
Francois

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:00 am »

Dave... I love this on so many levels, not the least being that the wall has disappeared into a forest , truth fleetingly visible , yet just long enough that you were even able record its shadow cast below...if it was the question of the "eyes" that captured your attention, so be it, ...just wonderful in so many ways!  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:02:23 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:00 am »

Dave, very nice image. Must be a voodoo thing going on there...

I like the subtle colors. I would keep it as is. Definitely not B&W.

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:01:07 am »

What are the colors like? Seems you have removed selectively? Don't like that on second thought.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up