Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom does not recognize external hard drive  (Read 8454 times)

jdyrek

Lightroom does not recognize external hard drive
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

This appears to be a Lightroom problem, so I thought I would start this question on this forum.

I have just added a Western Digital 3 TB external hard drive, Firewire 800 and USB2.  I have it daisy chained to an older WD Firewire 400 (using a 800 to 400 cord) which is connected to  an iMac 2.93 Core 2 Duo.  Lightroom 4.3 does not display the 3TB in the Library folders.  The 3TB is recognized by the computer and all other software;  Photoshop, utilities, Time Machine, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

eliedinur

Re: Lightroom does not recognize external hard drive
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:04:04 pm »

LR is not interested in any folder that doesn't contain photo files (Raw, DNG, psd, tiff or jpg) and the Library module cannot know about the presence of a photo file until it has been imported. So a more pertinent question is whether on the Import page you can select From: Other (upper left corner) and navigate to the new drive. If yes, import photos from there using Add and it will appear in the Library panel.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

jdyrek

Re: Lightroom does not recognize external hard drive
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »

That was it exactly, I just put an iPhone jpeg on the drive and Lightroom saw it right away.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up