Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nite view  (Read 2973 times)

cjogo

Nite view
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »

Amboise FR  in the rain ...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:52:31 pm by cjogo »

RedwoodGuy

Re: Nite view
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:54:45 pm »

I like the exposure, which is perfect throughout, and yields great tonality. The end of the street has some mysterious windows and interest. Very nicely composed and solid feeling.

My local streets aren't quite as romantic as Paris, but I will post a recent shot of this genre from a couple nights ago.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:56 pm »

Alley.

A kind of similar lighting arrangement.

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:36 pm »

Try your image in B&W  --although I like the Blue dumpster and the billboard to the left... My exposure was under 2minutes and then a minus 3 development in the darkroom.   The only strange thing is with film > you may not see the image for a month or so.... :o 

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »

Amboise FR  in the rain ...

Lovely tones, as has been said. All the verticals seem to lean to the upper right, though. I know Amboise is old, but was it really so?

Jeremy

cjogo

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:19:00 pm »

Lovely tones, as has been said. All the verticals seem to lean to the upper right, though. I know Amboise is old, but was it really so?

Jeremy

Now I do notice the "leaning" -- it was raining , about mid nite & looking in that dark viewfinder > didn't even catch the lines  ..

How's this >>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:24:14 pm by cjogo »

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

Try your image in B&W  --although I like the Blue dumpster and the billboard to the left... My exposure was under 2minutes and then a minus 3 development in the darkroom.   The only strange thing is with film > you may not see the image for a month or so.... :o 
After using film cameras for a long time, I switched 6 months ago to a Fuji digital, and simultaneously from B&W film to color bits. So, at the moment, I am vigorously exploring the art using color (for 75% of my work). Since I composed and captured this specifically as a color image, I'd only be doodling around by removing the color. They work a lot differently and that's the interesting thing to me at the moment. BTW, my exposure was 1/10th sec.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

Best thing you've posted yet, Jogo. I straightened it too. It's a fine shot. Reminds me of some of the stuff Kertesz did in Europe. Bravo!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cjogo

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »

After using film cameras for a long time, I switched 6 months ago to a Fuji digital, and simultaneously from B&W film to color bits. So, at the moment, I am vigorously exploring the art using color (for 75% of my work). Since I composed and captured this specifically as a color image, I'd only be doodling around by removing the color. They work a lot differently and that's the interesting thing to me at the moment. BTW, my exposure was 1/10th sec.

Guess portions caught my eye in colour , for sure  /left & right  -- but the center was B&W  :D

cjogo

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »

I love to work into the wee hours ----  here's a dangerous one > middle of Paris with cars whizzing by .  I know these days one can set their ISO to 2000+ ...take shots like this hand-held.   I never went beyond 400 > so always about  F11 - 1 or more minutes for an exposure...  Also Mexico GTO

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:02:26 pm by cjogo »

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:54 am »

Now I do notice the "leaning" -- it was raining , about mid nite & looking in that dark viewfinder > didn't even catch the lines  ..

How's this >>

Much better!

The shot of the fountains is excellent, though the uneven crop bothers me: you've cut of the left side but not the right. More of one or less of the other, please!

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:01 am »

Much better!

The shot of the fountains is excellent, though the uneven crop bothers me: you've cut of the left side but not the right. More of one or less of the other, please!

Jeremy

I also wish to see both sides of the Concorde fountain (or both sides missing). While it's a classical image, I like it and you didn't miss Tour Eiffel…

Lovely Amboise photo!
Francois

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:36:16 am »

I plead for the original Amboise...the sumptuous feeling of life there has been removed in the edited version, wiped away. There was a genuine "all's right with the world, floating free" that has disappeared with the edit. Ten beside you could have made the same "correct" version, but you found and responded to its spirit...if the dark and rain kept you from seeing the lines, I'm glad, because the image with which you returned is so much more ...
A common woman~

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 10:42:26 am »

I too prefer the off axis original.

Bruce

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 11:23:51 am »

Looks nice, but I think it needs a cat, dog or a person ghosting by to give it that little bit more!

Well done!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

cjogo

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:04 pm »

Much better!

Jeremy

I had to set up quickly--and leave the camera/tripod in the road >  this is like being on a race track in the dark .. if I moved back another 10 feet to include more > surely would had lost my camera   :o  I used a old  5 sec timer screwed into the release > hit it and ran to the left curb ...running back just in time to grab my camera and run to safety. 

I approach fine art photography almost like a war correspondent in the field ...whatever it takes to capture the image :o
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:28:21 pm by cjogo »

cjogo

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:34 pm »

Looks nice, but I think it needs a cat, dog or a person ghosting by to give it that little bit more!

Well done!

Funny that you mention that _ I was wearing a extra-large blue rain cover > from way above my head  to the ground  ..like  a tent over myself and gear.  And in the morning for breakfast ,  I overheard the locals speaking of le fantôme bleu.... they has seen a  blue ghost walking the streets with multiply legs  :D

cjogo

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

I plead for the original Amboise...the sumptuous feeling of life there has been removed in the edited version, wiped away. There was a genuine "all's right with the world, floating free" that has disappeared with the edit. Ten beside you could have made the same "correct" version, but you found and responded to its spirit...if the dark and rain kept you from seeing the lines, I'm glad, because the image with which you returned is so much more ...

I will return to the original --oh common woman  ;)  thanks for viewing ~!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:00:46 pm by cjogo »

nemo295

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

I like #1 the best. But there's an area in the background above and to the right of the house with the peaked roof that looks like either a cloud or light playing on something in the background. I can't quite tell what it is. It's a little distracting.

cjogo

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

thats a shadows of a tree .. on a roof top
Pages: [1]   Go Up