Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Under the bridge  (Read 1442 times)

marvpelkey

Under the bridge
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:13:25 pm »

A foggy morning yesterday under the new Port Mann Bridge. The bridge is reportedly the widest bridge in the world. The other claim to fame is the "ice bombs" that fell onto traffic from the support cables during rush hour, within the first month of operation. Two people were injured and over 100 vehicles damaged. I was actually hoping to get some images of the cables and support towers but the fog was too thick, so had to settle for lower parts.

Marv

RedwoodGuy

Re: Under the bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:33:23 pm »

This is a lot of fun to look at and has a beautiful subtle focal area in the orange sheds. Good feeling, relaxing, and yet something to look into.

Neil Vanderwolf

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:10:19 am »

Interesting capture Marv, I was just walking under there last week...

I like what you have done here, there is lots of visual interest and enough mystery to keep my eyes looking. Maybe a slight increase in contrast to bring out the shorter darker poles? Either way, it's an interesting subject. (I have photographed under there quite a bit as well...)
Neil

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:34 am »

I like it.  It has a certain 'otherworldly' quality to it that doesn't immediately give away the subject.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 03:23:48 am »

I like it.  It has a certain 'otherworldly' quality to it that doesn't immediately give away the subject.

Mike.

Especially when the scale becomes apparent. Good one.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:32:30 am »

Interesting shot. I find it pretty much impossible to look at the whole image. My attention is drawn to the left third of it, and when I pull back to look at the whole thing, I can't stay there, I go straight back left. Not suggesting that is a problem - just a characteristic.
Ken Cameron

mac_paolo

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 03:43:00 am »

Great mood, I like it.
Did you crop it? If so, is it possible to add back a bit of space on the left side?
The orange construction is almost touching the border.

marvpelkey

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

Neil, I did darken the poles a bit initially, but decided against that as I liked it better when the image sort of disappeared to the right. Although I used to frequent this spot a lot in the past, this was the first time since the construction of the new bridge due to all the construction.

mac_paolo, Although I did crop the image, it was not as you think. I actually cropped some off the bottom as a log somehow crept into the picture. As I was taking photos, a river craft (moving the aforementioned logs) crept into the left side foreground and I couldn't move the camera to the left without part of it sitting out of focus in the image so had to keep the camera more to the right.

Marv
Pages: [1]   Go Up