Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Our best images recent or of yore regardless amateur/pro or format  (Read 38027 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

I think it would nice to have a thread open for us non-professional and non MF shooting amateurs. Any images welcome.

Here is one of mine:

http://echophoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Sweden/Some-new-pictures/i-tGG9DkF/0/O/20120630-_DSC2060.jpg
Now, let's see yours!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:28:31 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Our best images recent or of yore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:02:23 am »

A somewhat pastoral image of Ringhals nuclear power plant in Sweden:

http://echophoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Sweden/Some-new-pictures/i-JrcbLCd/0/O/20120615-DSC02380.jpg
Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:04:30 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Rob C

Re: Our best images recent or of yore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:38:09 am »

Hi,

I think it would nice to have a thread for us non-professional and non MF shooting amateurs. Any images welcome.

I think you're onto something. It might help resolve some of the structural differences between the way the two factions see one another and the reasons why they bother to 'work', each in their different ways. It has little to do with ability but everything to do with motivation.

Maybe an idea that has found its time.

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Our best images recent or of yore regardless amateur/pro or format
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

"Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler"

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:58:38 am »

Chris,

As this picture unfolded before me, scrolling its way upwards as my eyes went downwards, I thought for a glorious demisecond that I was gazing at a pair of briefs... a new tree grows in LuLa!

Oh well, New Orleans or Venice, it's all the same if it's not pants. Hell, it might even be the same regardless of pants or not pants: the threat of water is always there for both.

Lots of disappointments today. Never mind, Top Gear is on tonight, and perhaps they have all had brain transplants. That would be nice - could hardly be worse. But it's a strange thing: they are the ones who are rich. Just like the sportsmen.

Funny old world. Perhaps I should take up golf.

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:43 pm »

I take it you haven't paid Greens Fee's in awhile...maybe table tennis?

So, did you like the image, or not..sorry I could not find any ladies undergarments on anyone's heads..but I did leave early... ;D
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 12:12:41 pm »

Chris:

Thanks for posting!

Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 02:58:25 pm »

I take it you haven't paid Greens Fee's in awhile...maybe table tennis?

So, did you like the image, or not..sorry I could not find any ladies undergarments on anyone's heads..but I did leave early... ;D

1. I have never paid green fees; that's why I was innocently wondering about the act of doing golf; the sticks look simple enough.

2. I've actually had underwear on my head, but not in the way you might imagine. Definitely not pants, though. Like the image? Didn't it make me think? However, I would have a word with the makeup department. Or buy a Softar?

;-)

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:40 pm »

The danger of a 70-200 w/1.7 converter at 15 feet...every blemish, spot over-caked on foundation shows like a neon light.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 03:06:26 am »

Well, since you opened the door, Erik, we may as well go all out.  This is a three-image stitch made using my cell phone camera.  I've always liked it.  It's a 'dawn redwood':

Twisted by wolfnowl, on Flickr

and here's a flower macro made by Marcia using her cell phone...

Lace Cap Hydrangea by wolfnowl, on Flickr

Stitching was done in Autopano Pro and both images were pushed around a bit in Lightroom.
Mike.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:08:51 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:07 am »

Hi,

Any gear welcome ;-)

Nice idea to stitch with a cell phone. I wouldn think of it for a flower shot.

Best regards
Erik

Well, since you opened the door, Erik, we may as well go all out.  This is a three-image stitch made using my cell phone camera.  I've always liked it.  It's a 'dawn redwood':

and here's a flower macro made by Marcia using her cell phone...

Lace Cap Hydrangea by wolfnowl, on Flickr

Stitching was done in Autopano Pro and both images were pushed around a bit in Lightroom.
Mike.
Erik Kaffehr

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:30 am »

Been out practicing with my new 70-200 2.8 w/1.7 teleconverter and have discovered shooting birds to be the best subjects. Of course, when they sit and pose for you, it's an easy shot, but when flying, quite different.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 07:14:46 am »

I love the shot of the hydrangea. Very nice.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:08 am »

Mike.
Good morning Mike,
Trying to understand the story. Metaseq. gl fascinated me from the beginning, because of their "discovery". I immediately found several to plant in three places, similar habits, but each differing just enough that my hope was at least one would thrive. They all have (had studied their general desires first and aimed at gently diverse areas) The intent was that long after I moved on, others would come on them beside the hidden pond, along the steam and in the marginally moist marginal meadow. In my travels specimans always catch my eye, most tagged with their proud histories, the oldest on estates and institutional grounds with arboretums. While I have seen their remarkable ability to live on and move around damage to themselves, I have never seen one with such a gnarled base. Can't really determine from your image (which I like very much by the way) but it almost seems that what I see above is at least 30 years younger than the base. Had it been decapitated with its struggle back to each reaching for the skies once more accounting for the gnarling I have never seen in the species before? (Brutal thought..and one which I could never inflict, one wonders if this could happen intentionally to bring on such a sculptural base) If you have a chance would really be interested to know if you could see the reasons why...and then of course there is the other possibility, quite real...that the scope of my first hand contact is not broad enough to have seen it take this form elsewhere. Thanks for posting it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:15:53 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

RobbieV

• My work.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:41 pm »

I'll throw in a bird photo into the mix. I didn't go out with any intention to shoot birds. I never do. But it was a low light and the gulls sweeping in and out of glowing orange rays caught my eye and took my time for the next 20 minutes. I produced one keeper, in my humble opinion.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:47 pm »

Let the good times roll - - - @ Chris

Great photograph of high interest. I really enjoyed looking at this and it really takes that subject and sings! There was some other Mardi Gras type photos yesterday that looked a bit flat. This is exciting and dynamic. And perfectly executed too. A good example of how to view something common in a very uncommon way.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »

Big white Birds @ Chris

Those are really a pleasure to look at. I generally am not that interested in generic bird shots, but those are a cut above. The first one on the branch has the most perfect b/g I've seen in ages. Stunning.

jeremypayne

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »

Here's one from a few years back ...

jeremypayne

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »

... and another ...

jeremypayne

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:19 pm »

... and that's all for now ...  :P