Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200: Paper preset for Hahnemüle Harmann Gloss Baryta ?  (Read 1771 times)

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
HP Z3200: Paper preset for Hahnemüle Harmann Gloss Baryta ?
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:53 am »

Hello everybody,

which paper presets for the Harman Gloss Baryta by Hahemühle are you using?

The ICC profile (OMS file) from Hahnemühle is not very satisfying, so I made a new one based on the parameters I had been using with my HP Z2100. But, on the Z3200 I have slight head strikes on the first 5 centimers of the print, then they go away. Before waisting square meters of the paper I would like to ask those of you using this paper on the HP Z3200.

I have attached my current presets in the PDF.

Thomas

nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

chichornio

Re: HP Z3200: Paper preset for Hahnemüle Harmann Gloss Baryta ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:23 am »

Just happened I profiled this paper yesterday. I used HP Baryta as a oms, and then create a custom icc profile using HP APS. But the trick is to set the paper as a warm tone o colored paper (not neutral gray), because the Harmann Gloss Baryta paper is very warm for me.
About the strikes... you better re-calibrated the paper advance of this paper because it´s very thick. I hope it helps.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:42:22 am »

May not be a direct answer but according to a doc I have on printing Hahnemuhle papers with a Z3100 they state that their Photo Rag Baryta and FineArt Baryta should be set as “HP fine Art Paper Pearl (less ink)”

MonsterBaby

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:13:35 pm »

the last answer DEF doesnt do the paper right!

for me this is the paper with the largest gamut i have ever messured!

havent used it for a while.. but remember the strikes problems.

i found out that the best ink limit you get when using hp professional photo paper as preset.. 110% ink ( never ever use a less ink setting).. head high!. wheels low if u dont get mark. double check that.

the thing about the strikes happens, cuz the paper expands so much when that much ink is applied! i turned my humidity thing up so i have a very humid environment. that helps.
the strikes are only at the beginning of a roll, cuz the paper is dry and stiff there.. so u need to change that

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »

i found out that the best ink limit you get when using hp professional photo paper as preset.. 110% ink ( never ever use a less ink setting).. head high!. wheels low if u dont get mark. double check that.

the thing about the strikes happens, cuz the paper expands so much when that much ink is applied! i turned my humidity thing up so i have a very humid environment. that helps.
the strikes are only at the beginning of a roll, cuz the paper is dry and stiff there.. so u need to change that

Thanks a lot, i appreciate your instructive information. I would never ever have thought of setting it to 110% ink. To do so, which of the papers (I attached the valid selection list of the HP papers) is the one you chose? The "Professional seidenmatt (satin in English), or better one of the "much ink" papers" ?

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie
Pages: [1]   Go Up