Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 11880 Nozzle Clog  (Read 4106 times)

perler

Epson 11880 Nozzle Clog
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:07:12 pm »

Hello all, we are running an Epson 11880 here and the vivid magenta has a nozzle clog.  Below is an image of our nozzle check.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/krang206/DSCF0073_zpsb8a2a533.jpg

Multiple cleanings have not helped, or a power cleaning.  I have attempted a few shortened rounds of the windexed paper under the print heads, but am somewhat afraid to leave it for upwards of 4-6 hours as I've read as a suggestion.  I cannot tell whether all of the heads are making contact and I don't want to risk them drying out.  Any help with this printer specifically would be greatly appreciated, it has been difficult finding any info or images for this specific model.

Also, on the right side where the carriage sits at idle, it's looking pretty messy, could these pads be part of the clog problem?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/krang206/DSCF0077_zps88a784a9.jpg

It is not my machine to run, but I've taken on the task of trying to remedy the situation before the boss calls out a technician for mega bucks.

THANKS
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:17:15 pm by perler »

davidh202

Re: Epson 11880 Nozzle Clog
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:36:33 pm »

Not only do you have a serious clog ,you have deflected nozzles.I only own a 7900 and 9890 but...  
from the looks of that cleaning-capping station and all the crap sprayed around it, I'd be willing to bet there is a real problem with correct seating of the head on the capping station, those wipers look horrible, and with all kinds on gunk on the underside of the head, not to mention possibly a fried channel at this point.
I'd stay out of it!  and let the "boss" get a tech in for some serious servicing!!!

How old is that machine and how much use does it get?
At some point they all need proper maintenance! ;-)

David  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:42:57 pm by davidh202 »

perler

Re: Epson 11880 Nozzle Clog
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »

Thanks for the info!  I ended up doing a 2 hour soak on the windex and nothing budged in the least so I'm right with you on the tech who will be in about a week.

It's been running about 4 years without service. (I know...)  It's one of those slow problems where the photography studio industry hasn't allowed much cash flow for regular maintenance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up