Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 print problem....  (Read 1230 times)

Rockarchive.com

Z3100 print problem....
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:46:43 am »

Hi all, I have attached an image showing my problem, has anyone else had this? The white area that looks streaky should be black... I have tried cleaning and changing print heads they are fine, still the problem is there. Also I have tried different files, it doesn't do this on every file, just a few so far. Also, I have tried the same file on my laser printer and also sent it to a friend and the problem is not there! So it is definitely something within my printer, not my computer or the file.... It's frustrating me!

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3100 print problem....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:14 am »

The stroke/white banding direction is parallel to the head carriage movement I guess. Demand for the heavier black area there seems to be handicapped by the black ink supply. This could be a shortage of black ink in the ink channel for whatever reason, cart near empty, filter in the head blocked, cart pumping not working correctly etc. It could be a head that is not meeting demand in its nozzles pumping capacity due to age for example or a bad sensor on the black ink buffer there. Last but not least a glitch in the electronics at another point like the head carriage board, the ribbon cable to the head carriage not 100% anymore. I would listen whether the cart pump is activated often with a small job of black printing, take out the cart to check its weight against a really empty cart, check the membrane pump on the cart, any leaks on the cart. Take the black head out, clean the nozzle surface, check the contacts on the cart and in the cart slot on the carriage, make sure they are clean and dry.  Align heads if the black one is accepted at all and do a proof again with a heavy black area. If it still does not work get a new head. If it still does not work check all cables and reinstall the driver etc. If that does not work it is something between the printer network cable and the head connection, could be the ribbon cable to the head carriage having a bad connection, broken wire there.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Rockarchive.com

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:59 am »

That's a great thorough reply, thanks! Some points I have tried others not, I will give them all a go and see what happens.... fingers crossed...

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:22:46 am »

still i like your result ! -:)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rockarchive.com

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:08:58 pm »

So testing... so I have been testing as it has now done the weird ‘not printing’ on another image! So I pushed the backs up loads so they became grey on the trouble image and it printed perfect. Next I reset the backs to where they usually are when the image doesn’t print properly and then made them 5% off black. It’s printing fine! So it seems some images the printer doesn’t like the heavy blacks. What do you make of that!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up