Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snowplay  (Read 2438 times)

Patricia Sheley

Snowplay
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »

A few from yesterday...Dave's "Skater" played with the motion in it's own sweet way, and although these were not my intent when headed out, the "spirits" took hold of the helpless camera...they made me smile.
A common woman~

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Snowplay
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »

I really like the second one. There is a certainty about the weather condition nicely portrayed by the lack of a specific focus...the third is growing on me but it's just not there quite yet.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »

#1 doesn't grab me, Patricia, but 2 and 3 do for sure. #2 especially is almost like being there. Good shooting!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »

I find #1 quite amusing, but #2 and #3 are just stunning. The Spirits are with you!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:22:36 am »

I love #3 and #2. I would more pleased with #1 if the background wasn't visible on the right of the photo.
Francois

Michael West

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »

Number 2

Balanced. Strong and evocative. The clearly apparent movement of the snow is a winner.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:09 pm »

Patricia, you might think about entering #2 into B&W magazine's next single image contest. Seems to me it'd be a strong contender.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

WalterEG

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

I thank you for posting work of this style and quality.  It is such a refreshing change.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »

A few from yesterday...Dave's "Skater" played with the motion in it's own sweet way, and although these were not my intent when headed out, the "spirits" took hold of the helpless camera...they made me smile.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for refering to me and my previous post 'The Skater' - and if I have helped to inspire you even in the smallest of ways, then I am truly happy to have done so.

Number three is the outright winner for me, I am not sure about #1 and I really like #2 it certainly has plenty of motion and is a great shot, but #3 for my eyes is excellent - bravo!

You will never hold a camera steady again I think  :)

Dave

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:43 pm »

Hi Patricia,
You will never hold a camera steady again I think  :)

Dave

The memory imprint of the "flowing" of the day has always been a secret pleasure.
A common woman~

churly

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »

#3 for me Patricia.  I could look at it for hours - there is so much room to play.
Chuck Hurich

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:09 pm »

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. As you have guessed, I have a tendency to become hopelessly, happily submerged in trying to find the mystery in the visible. That makes it an extra pleasure to have you spend time in #3. I stayed in that area till dark and as I mentioned, the camera was wrestled from my control, and overpowered by the messages being painted before my eyes...this happens to me from time to time standing at a canvas in low light with my eyes almost closed as dreams refresh themselves with only the loading of the brush required of me...and not injecting too much of what I thought were my intentions at the beginning.

...that you would also find some pleasure from them pulls some of the cold from the frozen fingers  :)
A common woman~

seamus finn

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:12 am »

I have a tendency to become hopelessly, happily submerged in trying to find the mystery in the visible. That makes it an extra pleasure to have you spend time in #3. I stayed in that area till dark and as I mentioned, the camera was wrestled from my control, and overpowered by the messages being painted before my eyes...this happens to me from time to time standing at a canvas in low light with my eyes almost closed as dreams refresh themselves with only the loading of the brush required of me...and not injecting too much of what I thought were my intentions at the beginning.

...that you would also find some pleasure from them pulls some of the cold from the frozen fingers  Smiley

I don't know which I like more - the wonderful images or the beautifully evocative prose avove that goes with them. Bravo on all fronts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up