Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those sick of the constant thread hijacks...  (Read 2184 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
For those sick of the constant thread hijacks...
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:01 pm »

It was amusing for a while but the constant

is getting a bit dull.

For anyone interested in discussing medium format without the constant thread hijacking, the medium format forums on GetDPI are much more pleasant and discussions there tend to stay on topic. The members also seem to have interests other than what format is better...

Paul

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: For those sick of the constant thread hijacks...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »

I quite like the way discussions here meander off track.

Do you have any new photographic work you would like to share?

Edmund

is getting a bit dull.

For anyone interested in discussing medium format without the constant thread hijacking, the medium format forums on GetDPI are much more pleasant and discussions there tend to stay on topic. The members also seem to have interests other than what format is better...

Paul

If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »

There's meandering off track and there's listening to a broken record. The former can lead to interesting discussions and provide valuable insight; for the latter I'm simply suggesting an alternative :)

I quite like the way discussions here meander off track.

Do you have any new photographic work you would like to share?

Edmund

Gel

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:23:38 am »

Getdpi is a good place to escape to for sanity. But it's a bit quiet over there.

Here is quite vibrant and active. Sometimes scandalous. A bit like the national press.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:45:59 am »

is getting a bit dull.

Paul

Only forty-one posts, and you're now trying to hi-jack an entire website and dump it into another; love that. Cool.

I hear no clanking of shackles around your ankles...

Rob C

jeremypayne

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:28 am »

I'm simply suggesting an alternative :)

So simple.

Would you walk into a local shop and loudly advise people to try the shop down the road? 

Try it sometime ... see how you are received ...

#FAIL

Pics2

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:55:24 am »

Getdpi is a good place to escape to for sanity. But it's a bit quiet over there.

Here is quite vibrant and active. Sometimes scandalous. A bit like the national press.
+1
I always open both forums at the same time and both of them are very helpful to me. And some things are identical , for example Buy and Sell section.

Conner999

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:25 am »

+1

Spirirted back-forth, as long as it doesn't get personal, is interesting and can, for many people considering a future move to MF (or downsizing from MF to 'that' camera) I suspect be FAR more enlightening than brand/format-centric electronic group hugs. Some of the debate responses on both sides can be, shall we say, interesting.

Now some of the comments (on both sides) can be repetitive and often unwarranted in their tone, BUT the term 'hijack' is too loosely bandied about in forums. It's only a 'hijack' if people respond to what they percieve as 'bait', blasphemy, propaganda or a 'you've got to be kidding' comment.   It's often like watching carpenters name-calling during arguements about hammers vs. nail guns when 90% of them use both to do the same thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up