Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Mother's Garden #6. Highlights too severe?  (Read 1143 times)

Mjollnir

My Mother's Garden #6. Highlights too severe?
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:48:46 am »

I've gone over this a number of times in PP, but due to the way I originally shot it, going any lower in highlights tends to grey out the entire exposure.

My wife loves it the way it is, but I keep fussing with it.

My Mother's Garden #6 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Mjollnir

Re: My Mother's Garden #6. Highlights too severe?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »

I think its really admirable. But I didn't understood, Are you saying you take this photo and you didn't impressed with this Art?  ???

Thanks

I'm saying:

A.  Yes, I took the photo.
B.  I'm interested in peoples' opinions about the areas of the shot with more highlights, i.e., is the top of the moon too bright, for example.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »

I like it just fine as it is. But I'd also be tempted to try taking it again on a cloudy day. Might come out better; might not. So don't get rid of this one until you are absolutely certain that you have a better one. (I'm never absolutely certain about such things, so I never throw any picture away.)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:19:12 am »

I also find it very fine. The contrast between highlights and shadows is important but is OK for me and it splits the image in diagonal (top-left to bottom-right).
Francois

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:33:31 am »

An interesting object maybe, but the lighting is wickedly harsh and unattractive. Those highlights are blown out and they don't render the piece the way it would normally look. An awful lot of the picture is kind of empty space with no particular value. In this case I think the open lens isn't helping by making the b/g diffuse. It's so easy to re-shoot backyard scenes when the light is more favorable, that maybe it's not a good use of time trying to process what isn't really there? Better light and maybe stopping down the lens might make a more intriguing picture.

cjogo

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »

>> looks like it would had been a lot more interesting,  if you paid attention to the meter  ...would had loved to see the verticals of the post , on the left of your image .    I am sure you saw in the viewfinder.. at lot more details -just you let middle grey of the image go to deep black.   Amazing after all my years of shooting * I still carry a meter  ;) and shoot everything on manual.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:23:50 pm by cjogo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up