Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street photography & cameras.  (Read 48741 times)

PhillyPhotographer

Re: Street photography & cameras.
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 12:33:20 am »

No, it really isn't.

Actually it is. But i'm more of a practice photographer than theory. But in the end it all beats Rob C's fear of everything and his never ending rules.

Rob C

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 04:31:17 am »

Actually it is. But i'm more of a practice photographer than theory. But in the end it all beats Rob C's fear of everything and his never ending rules.

Goodness, you make him sound like Las Vegas!

;-)

Rob C

RFPhotography

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 08:33:04 am »

As am I. 

But back to the other idea of the comment, it is if you buy into that very restrictive definition of what street photography is.  Many don't. 

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

As am I. 

But back to the other idea of the comment, it is if you buy into that very restrictive definition of what street photography is.  Many don't. 
I take pictures, period.  Call it what you will.   It's your box, not mine.

RFPhotography

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 01:34:58 pm »

I take pictures, period.  Call it what you will.   It's your box, not mine.

Well, no, it's not 'my box'.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  That the genre of street photography isn't as restrictive as some purport it to be. 

As for the 'box' or classification, it can and does matter.  If a client asks for a mountain 'landscape' it would be difficult to justify sending a 'portrait'.

Sam789

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 03:10:56 am »

Its really nice street photography.thanks for sharing this blog.

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 03:37:37 am »

Well, no, it's not 'my box'.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  That the genre of street photography isn't as restrictive as some purport it to be. 

As for the 'box' or classification, it can and does matter.  If a client asks for a mountain 'landscape' it would be difficult to justify sending a 'portrait'.
If you sell your work that way, then fine, put it in boxes.  It's not my intention to put down that kind of photography; it's just not what I do.  I don't shoot for "clients"; people buy my works in galleries and what it is is what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up