Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tropical forest  (Read 1065 times)

armand

• Photos
Tropical forest
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »

Recently taken. Questions re framing and light as I have several shots with slightly different framing and different light.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:24:09 pm by armand »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Tropical forest
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

They're nice, Armand. I'd vote for #2 as the best composition.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:14 am »

They are pleasing as wall paper. But, they each need a more specific subject, if even just a parakeet sitting on the bush. They do have nice technique and good exposure control, but emotionally have little stopping power.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:35 am »

Yes, #2 has interesting layers that involve the observer.

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:31 am »

They are pleasing as wall paper. But, they each need a more specific subject, if even just a parakeet sitting on the bush. They do have nice technique and good exposure control, but emotionally have little stopping power.

I sort of have to agree.
These are nice shots but they do lack impact.
As one who also photographs rainforest this issue of not being able to see the forest for the trees is a tricky one to overcome.
It is even more acute when one is in the midst of the forest.
Nonetheless it can be be overcome.
A possible solution is to select out specific elements as a highlight with the rest of the forest as the background.

Tony Jay

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:20 am »

I was trying to get the flowers as a central point with the forest as background but I was kind of limited by my position (in a tower). The perspective was what you see, couldn't really change it. Camera was partially limiting - was shot with a Sony RX100 at max zoom, and because of this I'll admit I was focused more on the technical aspects of getting the exposure right. For nothing I might add now as most of the shots had the proper exposure, the dynamic range was not higher than what the sensor could take as I was afraid at that time.

I'll look for the longer zoom shots taken with the HX30V but more for proof of concept as the photos taken with that camera are watercolor with any enlargement. I do think that a longer zoom without a change in perspective wouldn't add much though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up