Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Probably get killed for posting this, but too funny not to shoot  (Read 1565 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

aduke

Re: Probably get killed for posting this, but too funny not to shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

I agree that it too funny not to shoot. On the other hand, 10 consecutive years of going to the lake at which I kept my sailboat and finding the water 100 yards from the end of launch ramp, led me to give up the whole idea and turn to photography. :D

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:47:44 pm »

I would definitely grab that shot if I'd been there. I have quite a collection of funny, odd, or singularly uncommunicative signs.

Thanks for posting it.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:06:37 pm »

I would like it much better if I could see more of the parched lake. With this crop it could have just been a tiny pond.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:08 pm »

True, but you generally don't have a boat launch for tiny ponds. The whole lake area which is drying up is too enormous and the sign is situated in an area where'you'd sink to your hips in mud if you tried to get the sign in a better composition...best I could do and live to get a ride back to my car in my friend's truck.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:09 am »

True, but you generally don't have a boat launch for tiny ponds. The whole lake area which is drying up is too enormous and the sign is situated in an area where'you'd sink to your hips in mud if you tried to get the sign in a better composition...best I could do and live to get a ride back to my car in my friend's truck.

If anything, that would make the shot even funnier! Great idea to shoot it.

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:22:47 am »

Don't discount the risk. There's probably a twelve foot alligator just waiting for the next guy who put a boat in the pond. Chris, I'd guess this was a couple years ago when all the ponds were drying up in central Florida.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

Shot yesterday. North FL is not doing well in the rain department. We get deluges but they sink deep into the aquifer as quickly as the drop hit the ground. Still have great drinking water but boats on lakes are getting to be somewhat foreign.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:25 am »

Shot yesterday. North FL is not doing well in the rain department. We get deluges but they sink deep into the aquifer as quickly as the drop hit the ground. Still have great drinking water but boats on lakes are getting to be somewhat foreign.

Maybe you need to try Cuba?

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up