Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used Hassy again  (Read 1651 times)

mitchino

Used Hassy again
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

I posted a few weeks back about a very cheap hassy, which turned out to be a scam. Thanks to all who kept me sane!

I've now found one at a used camera store, not an authorised dealer, but a real store, however the store is a plane trip away. They have been very professional in contact with me so far, giving me serial numbers, lots of detailed photos, everything I ask for in fact. They have a good returns policy etc etc.

The camera lens and back look absolutely MINT, and only have under 8000 clicks on each. It's an H4D-50 with HC35-90 plus spare battery and waist level finder, all leads, charger, boxes etc etc. The price is less than £10,000. I priced the kit up new and it's £26,000.

Since I last posted I have rented a H4D-40 + 80mm for a weekend, and loved the shooting experience, the deliberate nature of it, the antidote to snapping away with my 5D!

I'm thinking it's a great price with that lens, I want something that won't lose too much of it's value so that maybe I could sell it on for £8000 in a couple of years.

Opinions please!

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Used Hassy again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »

The camera lens and back look absolutely MINT, and only have under 8000 clicks on each. It's an H4D-50 with HC35-90 plus spare battery and waist level finder, all leads, charger, boxes etc etc. The price is less than £10,000. I priced the kit up new and it's £26,000.

I assume you priced up the LIST price for the new kit. Have you inquired with dedicated value added dealers what STREET price they could offer in the way of certified/warrantied pre-owned or even new? I'm guessing the relevant price difference is much smaller than the 2.6x difference your post implies.

mitchino

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »

Good call, I'll do that, I've had an eye on the used market for quite a while and I think this deal is excellent value. I know there won't be more than a short store guarantee, but it wouldn't be any worse than buying from a private seller on LL.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:09 pm »

Good call, I'll do that, I've had an eye on the used market for quite a while and I think this deal is excellent value. I know there won't be more than a short store guarantee, but it wouldn't be any worse than buying from a private seller on LL.

It's a good price. Make sure the seller has some sort of return policy or short term warranty, as I have seen dealer pricing not too far off this from Hasselblad authorized dealers and the Hasselblad CPO list.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

stevebri

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:45 am »

Hi Mitchino,

I think I know the seller, PM me or email me, if it is the same one then I can say without hesitation its a great, longstanding dealer whom I have bought from years ago and more recently. I assume this dealer is uk based.

Also, during my 7yrs in NYC I found Doug, Steve and others based around MFDB's extremely helpful, knowledgeable and professional, sometimes that alone is worth the extra wonga ...... (wonga British term for money, readies, dosh, moolah etc. ) so now you know... :o.

Either way if I can help I will.

Steve

hasselbladfan

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 05:02:46 pm »

If it is a plane trip away, do it.

In my view, the price just looks a bit too good. It looks like you are getting the lens for free !
Pages: [1]   Go Up