Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It would be nice to have this setting in LR  (Read 1392 times)

mburke

It would be nice to have this setting in LR
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:16:00 am »

It would be nice to have an opacity type setting in LR. If you made 5 -6 or more setting changes in LR and got your picture looking how you wanted it but it was just a little over the top it would be nice to have a setting to drop the effect like an opacity slider instead of having to go back and try to get all the sliders adjusted over again. Maybe there is a way to do this now I just don't know about.

Mike

Richowens

Re: It would be nice to have this setting in LR
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:52 am »

Just dial back whatever is "over the top" with a new setting.
 An "opacity " setting would reduce all
the settings including sharpening, noise reduction and even brush work.

Rich

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:22 pm »

I do not think that would work. How likely is it that the 5-6 development settings you made would all need to be dialed back by the same amount?

mburke

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »

Thanks for the replies. Both make sense. I was thinking along the lines of a preset I use from Matt Kloskowski of Kelby Training. I like the preset but sometimes it is to strong and I would like to dial it back a bit without having to guess at which settings (about 10 or 12) would give me the same effect but just a little less. It seems that it would act something like opacity in PS when you have several things going on in a layer and dial back the effect with opacity. Maybe I'm just looking to hard for something that doesn't have much value..

Thanks for the replies,

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up