Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadows  (Read 3419 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Shadows
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 10:46:28 am »

+ at least 1. Stieglitz would applaud.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Jaffy

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

I like as is. There's a nice feeling of mystery, more and it becomes a portrait, less and you lose the emotion.

amolitor

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 05:09:04 pm »

While it would work large, that's would be a sort of "obvious" photograph. There's a sense of the erotic that comes with the very large front of flesh, that's very appealing.

I am fascinated by the idea of how it would work small.

Over the last year I have become increasingly annoyed with large prints, there's a whole school of Fine Art Photography that seems to boil down to "well, we'll print it enormous, and that will wow them enough that the image doesn't have to be any good, or mean anything, or anything". My current thrust in my own printing is 4x5 contact prints, so quite small but with infinite depth.

I think it could be VERY interested printed more or less exactly life size, in a very large mat. That would give a creepy sense of "woman in a box behind this wall"

Printed even smaller, I think it could be wonderful. I am generally in love with the idea of making the viewer approach the image and look at it closely. This one could work well doing that, since you reward such a diligent viewer with a study in shadows not seen at a distance. I'm not sure it would work in the sense of being evocative or a powerful image at this point. It might simply be an interesting object in its own right. If that makes any sense.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »

I've been revisiting this for awhile Slobodan...i do like it, and yes just as it is...the Stieglitz comment was interesting as I immediately sensed a gallery space in old New York... images that allow us flights of fancy...thank you.
A common woman~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up