Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Utility keep installing  (Read 1845 times)

aaronchan

HP Utility keep installing
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:36 am »

Dear All,

I've just reinstall my PC to Windows 7 and everything is working correctly. (specially with my new SSD, it flies!)
But when I install the HP Utility, it will install at the first place,
but after I restarted my computer as it request, it start to keep installing something.
The windows installer keeps popping up and trying to do something with it.
I've seat here for 15 mins and still doing this.
Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks
Aaron

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: HP Utility keep installing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:00:23 pm »

Aaron,

same with HP utilities with my Windows 7 Prof. 64bit (and an SSD for the OS). I almost got used to it during the last months. I am still hoping this will go away when I re-install the HP software when my Z3200 will have arrived this week. Should it remain I intend to contact HP in this matter.

Did you try to get an answer from HP on this?

Sorry no answer, only the same question from my side hoping someone else will know.

Thomas 
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:36:43 pm »

I've just reinstall my PC to Windows 7 and everything is working correctly. (specially with my new SSD, it flies!)
but after I restarted my computer as it request, it start to keep installing something.

It is EXACTLY what happened to me, same problem, same O.S., same behaviour.
After a few days I formatted the Hard Drive, installed everything fresh, downloaded again the drivers and utility from the U.S. website and everything worked fine this time.
I am sure that was not what you wanted to read, but it is what happened to me.

Best regards.

aaronchan

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »

Aaron,

same with HP utilities with my Windows 7 Prof. 64bit (and an SSD for the OS). I almost got used to it during the last months. I am still hoping this will go away when I re-install the HP software when my Z3200 will have arrived this week. Should it remain I intend to contact HP in this matter.

Did you try to get an answer from HP on this?

Sorry no answer, only the same question from my side hoping someone else will know.

Thomas 

Will any HP or tech from you dealer comes in during the installation of your new z3200? if yes, you better let them know. otherwise, call your dealer or HP to see if they have any solution for this problem.

Dear All,

Thanks
Aaron

Re install windows 7!!?! that would be the last step I would do since re install this computer might take me whole entire day.

sm906

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:48 am »

Will any HP or tech from you dealer comes in during the installation of your new z3200? if yes, you better let them know. otherwise, call your dealer or HP to see if they have any solution for this problem.

Re install windows 7!!?! that would be the last step I would do since re install this computer might take me whole entire day.

I don't expect that an OS re-install to solve the problem. I (re-) installed Win 7 early this year on my new PC and installed the HP drivers as part as the entire PC set up process. HP utility behaved the way we complain about right from the beginning.

No, I will set up the printer myself. But before I will connect the PC and the printer I will remove all the HP printer related software and then re-install it. If the problem remains, I will  contact HP hoping they have an idea on that.

Thomas

sm906

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:02:28 pm »

Aaron,

have a look at the HP services running. There is one called PUStarter, disabling this service may help the trick.

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up