Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rectilinear stitched panoramas: new tool coming from Fotodiox  (Read 2360 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

Today at PPA's ImagingUSA 2013 I saw a prototype of a new tool for stitching rectilinear panoramas from Forodiox. Right now it is sized for the NEX-7 and similar micro format mirrorless cameras and is designed for use with Hasselblad "V" Series CF lenses. Essentially you move camera from left to right and then then a second row. This takes care of parallax issues as the lens remains stationary. In the works is a version to work with APS-C and 24x36mm and also  medium format digital backs on a 4x5 camera chassis.  Supposedly these will all be market ready in 2-3 months. Should be nicely machined, and reasonably priced.

FredBGG

Re: Rectilinear stitched panoramas: new tool coming from Fotodiox
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:26:36 am »

Neat

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:37 pm »

I never did understand why Camera Fusion never changed over to E mount as a standard. The mirror box shading that the DSLR bodies have made using one very frustrating, especially for focusing.

MrSmith

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:18:24 am »

Any pics/more details? I'm intrigued as to how this works (before I chuck my V series lenses on eBay)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:30 pm »

didn't take a pic sorry. Basically it is  a 4x5 Graflock size plate. On the front is a bayonet mount for either Mamiya 645 or Hasselblad V lens . You used the lens with the shutter locked open on the back is a sliding plate. on one end of the sliding plate is a groundglass for composing the entire shot (roughly 6x4.5 dimensions) and the camera attaches  to a mount next to it.  After you compose and focus on the groundglass, you slide the plate over so the camera is in position. There are detents for shootign either two or three overlapping frames.  You can shoot either one row or two rows. There are tripod mounts on the Fotodiox body.
Pages: [1]   Go Up