Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraView II wont save profile Mac OS 10.8.2  (Read 2373 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
SpectraView II wont save profile Mac OS 10.8.2
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:35 am »

I have set up a new Mac Mini Running OS 10.8.2.  Spectraview II will run all the way to the end and then says that it cannot save the profile.  Any ideas of how to proceed.  Upgrading OS is a pain in the ........

Hugh

howardm

Re: SpectraView II wont save profile Mac OS 10.8.2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

You dont actually need to have SV generate a profile since it writes its info into the monitor itself and therefore is automatically used.

But, make sure you have this folder structure in your account...    Library/ColorSync/Profiles   (which is where SV would put them)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:55:27 pm »

Thank you.  That explains why I could not save the monitor profile. 

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:39:47 pm »

You dont actually need to have SV generate a profile since it writes its info into the monitor itself and therefore is automatically used.

but isn't the monitor profile still necessary so the colors being sent to the monitor are what it is expecting?  It certainly makes one for some reason. Will the SV software even finish the process sending the information to the monitor if it errors out because it couldn't save the profile?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »

But, make sure you have this folder structure in your account...    Library/ColorSync/Profiles   (which is where SV would put them)

It's impossible to "write profile into the monitor" - you can write calibration into the monitor, profile must be atteched in OS preferences.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Shane Webster

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:10:36 pm »

ML ups the security ante and the root Library, by default, can't be accessed by programs the way they used to (at least I experienced it with i1 Profiler).  If you select the Library folder and Get Info, you can go to Sharing & Permissions, add yourself as a user and give yourself Read/Write privileges.  Then go to the colorsync folder within the library folder, do the same thing, but also click on the cogwheel and select "Apply to enclosed items. . . "  That may help though I would have thought it could have defaulted to your user directory.  Once I performed those actions, i1Profiler can once again write profiles in the root Library instead of just in my user library.

jsiva

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:03 pm »

The 10.8 permissions thing has been a nightmare.  if you continue to run into issues, run verify/repair permissions with the Disk Utility as well.

jonathan.lipkin

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »

I had some seriously screwed up permissions on my laptop. Mac store used an app called permissions reset. If you bring your mini into the store, they may be able to run it for you, or you can try to get a copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up