Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gargoyle --France  (Read 1116 times)

cjogo

Gargoyle --France
« on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:25 pm »

Climbing a Turret in the Amboise Castle ..late evening.   Minus 3 development  and 3 minute exposure  The King would ride his carriage ,with four horses, up and down the 5 levels during in-climate weather ,,, so he had it widened to handle the whole entourage ...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:13:26 pm by cjogo »

cjogo

Re: Gargoyle --France
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:13:14 am »

There was a few high fences to navigate around ...it was raining > so the guards were not at their stations .  I wound the stair well to a glowing light > that led me to this lonely gargoyle at the top. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:41:07 am by cjogo »

cmi

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »

Interesting light and place. It conveys mystery. I would remove the vertical and enhance the horizontal perspective, leaving the rest as is. It also works as a square. (Note that my correction is not quite perfect, as one can see on the inner side of the door.)

Regards,

Christian
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:07:45 pm by cmi »

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

This is not a common place for a gargoyle. Anyway, I like the both the original and Christian's versions. The lighting is perfect for this type of place.
Francois

cjogo

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

This is not a common place for a gargoyle. Anyway, I like the both the original and Christian's versions. The lighting is perfect for this type of place.

That's what caught my eye at the top of this turret... followed the light and found this door & a gargoyle.  Made it back out to the street > before capture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up