Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd image import behavior  (Read 1020 times)

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Odd image import behavior
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »

Imported about 90 images off a compact flash card, some taken a few days ago, 38 taken today. They are nikon nef files.

Of the 38 taken today, 35 come into Lightroom with a preset I haven't chosen. I always bring nef files in with a preset I created which leaves the files very neutral and I work them up. All the files taken two days ago behave normally.

These 35 files come into Lightroom with changes to temp, tint, exposure, contrast, clarity, etc...also increased sharpening to 41 instead of the adobe stand of 25, etc...

Now, when I click the Reset button in the develop module nothing happens. If I double click on say contrast, on the triangle to bring it from +35 to zero nothing happens. I can move the sliders manually.

3 of these 38 files act normally. All sliders in zeroed position. And they are right beside files that don't act normally.
This is the first time this has happened. I deleted the photos from the Lightroom folder, got rid of the xml files, and re-imported them, but it happens again, exactly as before.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? How'd you solve it?...

I'm using LR 4.3 and on a mac OS10.6.8

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Odd image import behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:32:20 pm »

As a guess, and assuming you haven't accidentally applied a preset, I wonder if you have changed the default Develop settings.

Select one image, go into Develop. Then Develop > Set Default Settings and Restore Adobe Default.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:58 pm »

As a guess, and assuming you haven't accidentally applied a preset, I wonder if you have changed the default Develop settings.

Select one image, go into Develop. Then Develop > Set Default Settings and Restore Adobe Default.

Hi John, thanks, that worked...it allowed me to click the Reset button in develop and then it zeroed all the sliders on that one image...then went back into the library module, selected all, and applied my standard import preset...it now works normally...

Not sure why this happened on only 35 images off a card when I imported a total of around 90 images?...

whatever, that worked...thanks...

M

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 04:04:11 am »

Good. At some time you must have set a custom default for that camera and probably that ISO, which explains why not all images were affected.

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:11:01 am »

I was wondering what the solution was.
Trust John to know the answer!

Good stuff.

Tony Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up