Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot upgrade to ACR 6.7  (Read 6129 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Cannot upgrade to ACR 6.7
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »

I have a new laptop with Windows 8. I installed Lightroom 4 and CS5. When I try to upgrade to ACR 6.7 for Photoshop, I get a message that Lightroom 4 is running, and for me to close it down. But it is NOT running. Any help? Trying to get updates directly from CS5 or LR HELP menu, I always get a message that the Server is not responding, try later. I have tried Task  Manager, and it does not show LR 4 running.
 Thanks
 Dave 

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Cannot upgrade to ACR 6.7
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

You sure the warning said Lightroom was running? Are you sure it didn't say it couldn't update because Bridge was running? The ACR update should not have anything to do with LR...but Bridge running could cause a failure. Note: Bridge can be set to auto-start at boot time. Make sure Bridge isn't running and try the update again.

SZRitter

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:39 pm »

You should be able to run the ACR update from Bridge. Pretty sure I have in the past.

I would see if there is some kind of service or background task that Lightroom is running. Not sure on Windows 8, but could you bring up the task manager and see if it has any processes running?

eliedinur

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

Reboot before installing the ACR update; that will insure that LR is closed down.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:12:38 pm »

Not sure how I did it, but I finally got ACR to install.  I messed around with rebooting, shutting down LR 4, etc, but I finally got  there. I am a LONG time PS user, but a novice with LR. I installed LR, and am frustated: the ACR version  in LR is SO Superior to that in PS, that is why I bought LR. I am still frustrated though (forgive...76 years old)... I cannot do a "save as" . I guessed I need to do  an "EXPORT". When  I do this it saves as a JPG !!! Damn ....I do not want to do all this work optimizing, and save as a JPG.
Sorry for the rant. We are still homeless on Long Beach Island, NJ living at a friend's home out of the trunk of our car. Have had to turn down print orders since Oct 28 when we were mandatory evacuated. Best guess is we may be back in our home in 4 to 6 weeks.
Dave
Beach haven NJ
Www.modernpictorials.com

mlewis

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:23:39 am »

In the export section of LR you can choose png, tif, or jpg as the exported file type.  There is a section near the top of the dialogue box where you choose file type.

Also, in LR you don't need to save.  All the adjustments you make are automatically stored in the catalogue.  You can go back and change the adjusments or reset them to the defaults at any time.  If you want to have another version of an image you need to make a virtual copy.

You only need to export if you need a file to send to a print service, for a website, or some other use that requires an image file.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:07 am »

thank you. I wanted to Export so I van do additional work in PS.
Dave

jeremypayne

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up