Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?  (Read 39656 times)

jduncan

Re: Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:02 pm »

As far as I know it is the same sensor as the H4D

By sensor(s) I mean like gyroscopes and accelerometers, not the light capturing sensors.  I am not sure if they are the same or not.

Best regards,

James
english is not my first language, an I k

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

Let see how the cameras behave in terms of handling once in the hands of people.

Of course, that's fair as was Nick-T's about the other items via firmware upgrade. I just got a kick out of eronald's comment with respect to weather sealing via the firmware upgrade.

Often times there is too much hypothesizing about equipment that has not been released yet as well as commenting from those that don't even own or use the gear.

IMHO, the H4D is fine piece of equipment, but for myself, I'm not sure the upgrade for the trade-up price is necessary - for me. If I were purchasing my first or another, obviously that would be the way to go. However, once released I might whistle a different tune.

Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

Gel

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 04:47:43 am »

As far as I know it is the same sensor as the H4D

Yes, it does right now.

Hasselblad have several sensor prototypes in testing with the approved ones being released in 18 months.

Commercially it's a sound thing to do as it will bring another upgrade cycle. 18+ months after that the H6 should arrive.

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 07:46:40 am »

Just to be clear, you say they will be releasing new sensors in 18 months and putting them in H5D cameras? Will these be CMOS? And in 3 years time they'll release the H6D? And you've been privy to this information from Victor Hasselblad AB?

+1

Gel

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:30 am »

Just to be clear, you say they will be releasing new sensors in 18 months and putting them in H5D cameras? Will these be CMOS? And in 3 years time they'll release the H6D? And you've been privy to this information from Victor Hasselblad AB?

From Hasselblad themselves, R+D are testing new prototype sensors for the H5D. The H5D was specifically designed to take these 'new types of sensors'.

I'm assuming 'new types' means CMOS, at worst, true full sized sensors.

2007 H3DII
2009 H4D
2013 H5D
logically.... 2016/17 H6D

You can conclude with reasonable certainty that halfway through the product cycle they will release these new sensors priming it for the next Gen H6

Factually there is a new type of sensor(s) coming in 18 months, I've had this info from two different techs at Hasselblad. Everything else is conjecture but it fits Hasselblads revision cycle.
The sensors aren't specifically from Sony, there are multiple companies putting their designs forward for testing. No names were given.

Gel

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:23 am »

Is there a link to this information or did Hasselblad choose to share this with you alone?

Do Hasselblad know their techs are giving you this information? Do the techs know you're giving us this information? If so is it available for all to see?

You don't have to believe me KLaban, it doesn't bother me really :)

Just relaying what I was told and my thoughts based on that.
They certainly didn't say, 'Shhhh don't tell anyone but...' however I wouldn't expect a press release anytime soon either.

Although the first technician did give me the look that people sometimes do when they realized they perhaps shouldn't of said anything.

Believe it or don't believe it. I've no incentive to post BS on here.

Edit: The first guy did say something 'groundbreaking' and completely new was coming.

Gel

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »

'Factually' they said something groundbreaking was coming in 18 months and that several prototype sensors are in the works of which the H5D was designed specifically to use.

This is no different from assuming Apple has something new and exciting in development and are working with a new tech company for a new feature. It stands to reason that most companies have something on the horizon to drive sales, just with Hasselblad it's easier to speculate with more certainty. There's only so many doors they can go through.

FredBGG

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

Edit: The first guy did say something 'groundbreaking' and completely new was coming.

Isn't that what they said about the Lunar?...... Just kidding...

Gel

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 01:51:42 pm »

Isn't that what they said about the Lunar?...... Just kidding...

No that was unbelievable Fred :D

BobDavid

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

Nice to see you back on the board, Edmund. I was afraid you had gotten banned.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:03 pm »

Nice to see you back on the board, Edmund. I was afraid you had gotten banned.

Aww, now that is a backhanded compliment!

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jduncan

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:15 pm »

Lol.

Trust me when I say that Steve is a bit better informed about all things Hasselblad than b+h.

Specialized shops like Steve's and mine are in touch with the manufacturer nearly every day.

B+H probably received an estimate when the product was first posted and hasn't changed it since then and probably won't change it until they receive notification that theirs has been shipped or until someone at hassy contacts them to ask them to change the eta.

Hasselblad has not updated http://www.hasselblad.com to reflect the shipping of the H5D. The product menu item still lists only the h4d.

January have just pass by. Has someone get  theirs?  How responsive is it?
are the cameras really shipping to the public now?

Best regards
english is not my first language, an I k

design_freak

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 03:50:49 am »

Nobody ???  >:(
Best regards,
DF

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 04:16:16 am »

Ya I'm still waiting to get my hands on the test camera
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:07:36 am by Enda Cavanagh »

gigdagefg

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 07:35:32 pm »

my dealer received a request from Hasselblad a few weeks ago concerning the serial numbers on my H4D body, viewfinder and back pursuant to the trade in.I think I will have my H5D soon
Stanley

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 01:51:05 pm »

From Hasselblad...

The sensors aren't specifically from Sony, there are multiple companies putting their designs forward for testing. No names were given.

Finally a medium format Foveon sensor. >:(

Or not, sadly.  There is always something radical and new just round the corner.  These carrots are dangled to keep us interested in new gear and fretting about present technological limitations. We should just get on and shoot with the great stuff we already have.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

stevebri

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »

Here here Quentin,

Couldn't agree more.

Must be something in the water I once lived in sunny Saffron Walden and am not far from there now, (kings X rather than Liverpool st).

No doubt ill see you 'out there' in a field at dawn using this marvellous kit we own.

Steve

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:02 pm »

Here here Quentin,

Couldn't agree more.

Must be something in the water I once lived in sunny Saffron Walden and am not far from there now, (kings X rather than Liverpool st).

No doubt ill see you 'out there' in a field at dawn using this marvellous kit we own.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Might need to take a rain check on seeing me at dawn for a while except perhaps the 6:06am Stansted Mountfitchet train to Liverpool Street tomorrow morning ( the day job keeps getting in the way...)  ;D. Can't wait for that to change.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

JV

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

I just noticed that B&H lists the H5D-50 as In Stock, just the H5D-50 though...

BrendanStewart

• http://www.symbolphoto.com
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 09:19:11 am »

I think a lot of people were hoping for something more out of the H5D. I personally, was hoping for better high ISO performance. Whether that means better noise control through Phocus, or a new CMOS sensor, i don't know. In addition to that, i would have liked a slightly larger review screen with higher pixel count with faster processing.

But honestly, and i'd hate to say it because i really love Hasselblad, but the IQ series is doing things Hasselblad should have been doing some time ago. What is going on over at Hasselblad? One has to wonder...

This is more like a H4.1D than a H5D.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:39:25 am by BrendanStewart »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up