Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?  (Read 39668 times)

design_freak

Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:50:20 am »

Best regards,
DF

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Re: Has anyone received their Hasselblad H5D?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »

It was just announced today that the Hasselblad H4D 40 and H5D 50 are been shipped at the end of the month. I'll be getting a loan of an IQ160 and Arca Swiss RM3Di next week. Hopefully a H5D 50 will be sent to me at the same time so I can compare cameras under same lighting conditions. I'll have the H5D 60 to test at the end of February.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:21:22 pm by Enda Cavanagh »

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:36:54 pm »

As Enda mentions, shipping to begin soon. This weekend Capture Integration is exhibiting at Imaging USA in Atlanta and next week will host a Hasselblad Open House at our Atlanta Office Loft. We will have the use of an H5D at both of these events.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

jduncan

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »

It was just announced today that the Hasselblad H4D 40 and H5D 50 are been shipped at the end of the month. I'll be getting a loan of an IQ160 and Arca Swiss RM3Di next week. Hopefully a H5D 50 will be sent to me at the same time so I can compare cameras under same lighting conditions. I'll have the H5D 60 to test at the end of February.

If we based the analysis on B&H it will be at the end of February. I don't see a lot of timing information on Hasselblad's site.  In the other hand B&H giving Feb 28 for all the line including the H5D-200MS so it could be that they will start shipping until they have the full line.

All of this is speculation at some degree. I will love to have a formal release from Hasselblad.

Best regards,
James
english is not my first language, an I k

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:30:04 am »

All of this is speculation at some degree. I will love to have a formal release from Hasselblad.

Someone from Hasselblad UK is bringing a H5D 50 and a H4D 60 over at the end of January. (not speculation)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:55 am »

If we based the analysis on B&H it will be at the end of February. I don't see a lot of timing information on Hasselblad's site.  In the other hand B&H giving Feb 28 for all the line including the H5D-200MS so it could be that they will start shipping until they have the full line.

Lol.

Trust me when I say that Steve is a bit better informed about all things Hasselblad than b+h.

Specialized shops like Steve's and mine are in touch with the manufacturer nearly every day.

B+H probably received an estimate when the product was first posted and hasn't changed it since then and probably won't change it until they receive notification that theirs has been shipped or until someone at hassy contacts them to ask them to change the eta.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:38 am »

So, the new logo is done, the new plastics are coming, and as soon as new firmware can be burned into the existing stock of H4's, and the shells fitted,  they will be shipping :)

Edmund

Lol.

Trust me when I say that Steve is a bit better informed about all things Hasselblad than b+h.

Specialized shops like Steve's and mine are in touch with the manufacturer nearly every day.

B+H probably received an estimate when the product was first posted and hasn't changed it since then and probably won't change it until they receive notification that theirs has been shipped or until someone at hassy contacts them to ask them to change the eta.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:17:49 pm »

...and at a bargain trade-in price of £12,234 for the H5D-50 or £14,994 for the H5D-60.

After which Hassy's employees will be able to go back to their real job, hand-glueing wood loony-cam handles on defenseless Sony Nexen.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jduncan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:14:24 pm »

As Enda has indicated, Hasselblad sent out promotional material a few days ago saying available end of January 2013.

I misunderstood. I did not read the statement as general. I hope they will update the site soon, but that could be just a communication error.

Thanks for the clarification.

J. Duncan

ctz

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:54 am »

After which Hassy's employees will be able to go back to their real job, hand-glueing wood loony-cam handles on defenseless Sony Nexen.

Edmund

+1
muhahaha!

BobDavid

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:55:12 am »

So, the new logo is done, the new plastics are coming, and as soon as new firmware can be burned into the existing stock of H4's, and the shells fitted,  they will be shipping :)

Edmund

Indeed! On a side note, I am wondering if H will be giving Lunars away as an incentive to purchase upper-tier H5Ds. I'm wondering when H will come out with the next Lunar model. What is your "dream Lunar"?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:59:35 am by BobDavid »

Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:26:39 am »

Screw Lunar, Hassy should've let you pimp your camera instead like these guys, aww yeah!

Gel

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:28 pm »

After which Hassy's employees will be able to go back to their real job, hand-glueing wood loony-cam handles on defenseless outdated Sony Nexen.

Well they had to take on in the ass from Sony to get those new sensors for the H5D, which is why it's been redesigned in a lot of key places ready for CMOS and ISO 12800 in 18 months.

Nick-T

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 02:07:15 pm »

It's actually a shame that the H5D got a bit buried under the awful Lunar thing. The H5D actually brings a bunch of small but oft requested features to the H line making it a worthy upgrade. Here's the list from Hasselblad:

More accurate focusing with True Focus II
    New Immediate Focus Confirm
    New print ready Jpeg files
    New compressed multi-shot RAW files for faster and smoother workflow
    New Camera Configurator
    Larger and more ergonomic buttons
    Larger, easier to read display style
    Updated Graphics User Interface
    More programmable buttons
    New and improved weather sealing
    New and faster processors implementing Hasselblad Image Processing Architecture

They also announced (again buried) the 24mm lens (pretty amazing for MF IMO) and the macro converter which apparently out-preforms extension tubes (I guess glass is sharper than air!)

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

eronald

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 02:35:25 pm »

The H4's seem to be good cameras, well accepted by their users, but they are suffering from the economy and the D800 effect. At the rate the MF market is shrinking (my dealer says 50% of a couple of years ago) there will be no market to save if the product isn't slimmed down and speeded up a bit.

I don't wanna offend the dealers here, but existing users would happily pay the dealer  $500 for a firmware update offering the features below which could be done with a firmware update, and a price cut of 30% across the range would have done more for sales than the expense of a "new model" release, the issues of old and new stock dealer inventory and spare parts, and production retooling, etc etc.

This relabelling of a firmware update is a case of marketing execs inventing an excuse to keep their jobs while minimizing R&D. More is being spent on the plastics -enlarged buttons- product shots, the web site, the prospectus and updated price lists than on engineering. If they really just want to save the marketing department, they might as well subcontract all the engineering to Fuji who have the necessary resources inhouse.

Now, a new sensor and Liveview and integrated GPS and Wifi, with a web server like the D4 to relay Liveview and images to an iPad and remove the computer tethering, yes that would make sense. At this point the novel features of the dSLRs are turning compelling when they used to be marginal.

Maybe it is time the MF guys got the message that we expect *them* to make cameras, with which we take pictures, and which *our customers* then use to market image and hype.

Edmund

It's actually a shame that the H5D got a bit buried under the awful Lunar thing. The H5D actually brings a bunch of small but oft requested features to the H line making it a worthy upgrade. Here's the list from Hasselblad:

More accurate focusing with True Focus II
    New Immediate Focus Confirm
    New print ready Jpeg files
    New compressed multi-shot RAW files for faster and smoother workflow
    New Camera Configurator
    Larger and more ergonomic buttons
    Larger, easier to read display style
    Updated Graphics User Interface
    More programmable buttons
    New and improved weather sealing
    New and faster processors implementing Hasselblad Image Processing Architecture

They also announced (again buried) the 24mm lens (pretty amazing for MF IMO) and the macro converter which apparently out-preforms extension tubes (I guess glass is sharper than air!)

Nick-T
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:30:51 pm by eronald »

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:00 pm »

...but existing users would happily pay the dealer  $500 for a firmware update offering the features below...

You do make a valid point on all but the weather sealing. That would be a tough firmware update IMHO.

Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

Nick-T

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 03:21:48 pm »

I agree that these are pretty incremental (ie not dramatic) upgrades but it's not true to say that they are just firmware updates.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

eronald

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:31 pm »

I agree that these are pretty incremental (ie not dramatic) upgrades but it's not true to say that they are just firmware updates.

Nick-T

I'm not saying they are *all* just firmware updates. I am saying that most of the photographers I know would wish they had just knocked 30% off the price and done what they could with firmware updates to extend the current model life.

Edmund
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:41:38 pm by eronald »

jduncan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »

You do make a valid point on all but the weather sealing. That would be a tough firmware update IMHO.

Ed

Not sure that is the only one. Maybe True Focus II needs a new giro or sensor. In the other hand I don't know how constraint the processors on the H4D machines are.
I am still not surprised for what they achieved, I was not waiting for anything revolutionary. My surprise is just: No H5D-80 or Dalsa Multi Shoot and the pricing that looks off.
 Let see how the cameras behave in terms of handling once in the hands of people.

Best regards,

J. Duncan

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

Well they had to take on in the ass from Sony to get those new sensors for the H5D, which is why it's been redesigned in a lot of key places ready for CMOS and ISO 12800 in 18 months.

As far as I know it is the same sensor as the H4D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up