Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting Digital MF in Wedding Photography  (Read 27995 times)

MrSmith

Re: Shooting Digital MF in Wedding Photography
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2013, 01:03:39 pm »

Dealers are dealers they have products to sell and need to put food on the table just like photographers, though ultimately that's why they are here. photographers however are not here to sell (unless its the classifieds) and I trust the opinion on usability of a piece of kit from a working photographer and by that I mean people who have the client there wanting to see something they like ASAP not a fine art weekend warrior playing with MF kit shooting badly composed landscapes and their grandkids.

Just my 2p worth  ::)

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2013, 01:16:33 pm »

Actually, I haven't forgotten a thing. But moving swiftly on from the condescension...
[/quote]

Hi Gerald,

No condescension meant.  I do not receive free equipment or Loaners from any Phase one dealer.  I pay as I go.  They have mortgages to pay as well.  And I really like having them around.  I own or rent my gear on a per project basis. 

Yes. I agree there are many sources on the web.  I'm a bit partial to LULU because it reminds me of when you would drop off film to your lab and bump into another photographer judging a clip over a light table.  It's was a  great place to trade notes on shooting or photography war stories.  As I said Fred is entitled to his opinions. 

Thank you,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »

Dealers are dealers they have products to sell and need to put food on the table just like photographers, though ultimately that's why they are here.

That's definitely half of why I'm here.

The other have is I have an addictive personality, and I've made several good friends on these forums.

If I changed jobs next week I'd still be here frequently. Though probably less frequently.

I'm sorry if my presence offends or annoys anyone. I've always made a strong effort to play nicely in the pool; though I do not claim I'm perfect in that regard I do try.

MrSmith

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »

Most peoples sensibilities offend some people some of the time, I wouldn't worry about that though. ;D

gerald.d

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2013, 02:00:59 pm »

Actually, I haven't forgotten a thing. But moving swiftly on from the condescension...

Hi Gerald,

No condescension meant.  I do not receive free equipment or Loaners from any Phase one dealer.  I pay as I go.  They have mortgages to pay as well.  And I really like having them around.  I own or rent my gear on a per project basis. 

Yes. I agree there are many sources on the web.  I'm a bit partial to LULU because it reminds me of when you would drop off film to your lab and bump into another photographer judging a clip over a light table.  It's was a  great place to trade notes on shooting or photography war stories.  As I said Fred is entitled to his opinions. 

Thank you,
Jeffery

Forgive me on two counts of misunderstanding, but have to admit to being somewhat confused regarding the second.

I thought you were lauding the relationship with your dealer because he'd come to the rescue and sent out a lens to you at his expense, maybe to cover a problem with one you already owned or something like that.

But this was just a regular rental then? I genuinely don't get it - this kind of service is something that you'd need a "relationship" with a dealer in order to benefit from? It just sounds like a normal transaction to me, or am I missing something?

With regards LULA, yes - it is a great community. I think we need to keep these little tiffs that occur in perspective. At the end of the day, it's only gear. But in such circumstances, I think the community would be far better off if everyone stuck to arguments - however heated - about the gear itself, rather than stoop to personal attacks.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37:19 pm »

Gerald,

Yes I definitely laud my relationship with dealers.

Can you call B&H at 6 a.m. and get a technical question answered?   It seems to me that having a relationship with dealer gives infinitely more value then the rental fee of (1) lens.  Stuff happens on location.  Cameras get dropped...I don't see B&H.  Tracking down a courier to deliver replacement gear.  Assistants blow-up packs.  Laptops crash.  You have never had any situations in which you called for support?  I'm extremely confidant that the phase dealers I work with would go above and beyond to help me.  Not sure about Adorama or E-bay or B&H. Just saying....

With all due respect.
Jeffery

Very sorry to digress from initial topic.
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

bcooter

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:19 pm »

Of course excellent relationships have a positive effect on your business.

Photographers that treat their suppliers and crew well get better performance and I don't know what you shoot, or your business model, but having a deep list of good suppliers that will search  for some esoteric piece of equipment, or give you a pre heads up about a new firmware or equipment change can save you a ton of time.

Also it's nice to work with people  you can count on.

I work with dealers and rental companies around the world and until you've a bad one, you can't really appreciate a good one.

In regards to the dealers on this forum it's obvious they want to sell equipment and put it in it's best light.  There is no hidden agenda on this.

Then again, of the few dealers and reps that participate, I've seen them help more non clients than clients, so I believe anyone that labels them as vultures is mistaken.

In regards to the person that posts about the d800 I think it's fine though it seems to be the same song over and over, regardless of the topic which gives the impression that there's an agenda cooking.

Maybe because he didn't have the positive experience he was hoping for from his 645 camera and back.

I could be wrong, but some of this I just don't get.  If I was a meticulous as this poster professes to be, before I bought something as expensive as a medium format system I would have tested it in the exact conditions I work.

By the time I wrote the check there would be few surprises and if there were I can promise you the dealers on this forum will make it right.

This is why you want a good dealer relationship, because before the point of purchase they will make sure to get the right equipment in your hands to test to your hearts content.

As long as your serious about buying from them.  

After the point of purchase they'll do there best to support you.

And BTW:  Photographers can be dicks.   Don't think any of these dealers or reps have it easy and roll in the jack, because it's not that way.  

I'd have to grow twenty hands to count the times i've seen photographers bug a dealer to death, ask a trillion questions, test everything on the shelf, then when it comes time to write the check they search the Bay or some going out of business dealer and buy from them, all to save $400.

The crazy ass thing is if the equipment goes south, they call the original dealers that they drove nuts and start screaming about why don't you get this fixed?

There also the same photographers that scream the loudest when their clients go to some cheap guy that offers more volume and less service, though they think it's fine when they do the same.

It use to be the WallMart syndrome, now it's the Amazon syndrome.

Sorry to go off topic.

IMO

BC

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

Hi,

I'd say it's perfectly OK to buy from B&H or Amazon if you think you know what you are doing, but once you are out of warranty or you don't know what you are doing a dealer may be nice to have around. The dealers need to make some money by offering their services, I'd suggest it is a reasonable proposal.

On the other hand some things may stink. If you cannot ship a broken back to an authorized service by UPS, Fedex or whatever without involving a dealer, it stinks. If you cannot use your choice of raw converter with a back, it stinks. Leading software should be supported by all backs. Photographers should own their own images.

My preferred raw tool is Lightroom, and it works with raw files from Hassy, Phase, Pentax and Leica S2, so I don't need to complain. But I'm under the impression that the other main raw converter is Capture one, I don't know if C1 can be used with files from Hasselblad and Pentax 645D.

I'm pretty sure that Capture Integration or Digital Transitions (?) offer excellent services. They seem to be great companies.

Best regards
Erik

Photographers that treat their suppliers and crew well get better performance and I don't know what you shoot, or your business model, but having a deep list of good suppliers that will search  for some esoteric piece of equipment, or give you a pre heads up about a new firmware or equipment change can save you a ton of time.

Also it's nice to work with people  you can count on.

I work with dealers and rental companies around the world and until you've a bad one, you can't really appreciate a good one.

In regards to the dealers on this forum it's obvious they want to sell equipment and put it in it's best light.  There is no hidden agenda on this.

Then again, of the few dealers and reps that participate, I've seen them help more non clients than clients, so I believe anyone that labels them as vultures is mistaken.

In regards to the person that posts about the d800 I think it's fine though it seems to be the same song over and over, regardless of the topic which gives the impression that there's an agenda cooking.

Maybe because he didn't have the positive experience he was hoping for from his 645 camera and back.

I could be wrong, but some of this I just don't get.  If I was a meticulous as this poster professes to be, before I bought something as expensive as a medium format system I would have tested it in the exact conditions I work.

By the time I wrote the check there would be few surprises and if there were I can promise you the dealers on this forum will make it right.

This is why you want a good dealer relationship, because before the point of purchase they will make sure to get the right equipment in your hands to test to your hearts content.

As long as your serious about buying from them.  

After the point of purchase they'll do there best to support you.

And BTW:  Photographers can be dicks.   Don't think any of these dealers or reps have it easy and roll in the jack, because it's not that way.  

I'd have to grow twenty hands to count the times i've seen photographers bug a dealer to death, ask a trillion questions, test everything on the shelf, then when it comes time to write the check they search the Bay or some going out of business dealer and buy from them, all to save $400.

The crazy ass thing is if the equipment goes south, they call the original dealers that they drove nuts and start screaming about why don't you get this fixed?

There also the same photographers that scream the loudest when their clients go to some cheap guy that offers more volume and less service, though they think it's fine when they do the same.

It use to be the WallMart syndrome, now it's the Amazon syndrome.

Sorry to go off topic.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:16:05 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

TMARK

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

I can't see a problem as long as all interests are declared. I can live with bias if I know it exists.

I agree 100%.

Rob C

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2013, 05:15:32 pm »

Also, it's nice to think you can ask someone a question from the level of having already met them, if only here; much better than cold-calling!

Rob C

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2013, 06:13:54 pm »

Fred likes to entertain - and not long ago we heard the same song and dance from Fred about 35mm DSLR:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=823993

So his experience wasn't all bad :)

As for the dealers, I met Doug at PhotoExpo in NYC last year. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable and passionate about everything photography and definitely NOT a vulture; his attitude alone would be reason enough for me to do business with him.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:33:19 pm by Paul Ozzello »

FredBGG

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

Fred likes to entertain - and not long ago we heard the same song and dance from Fred about 35mm DSLR:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=823993

So his experience wasn't all bad :)

Wow you certainly did some digging! Putting a lot of effort into discrediting me huh..... but you should have looked at the date
If you look at the date the D800 was not shipping or had just started to. My post was based on the official sample images.
That were really quite bad (technically). Here is one of the official images.

Flat greyish skin tones, kind of flat darks in the hair. Hardly what one would expect to be compared to MFD.
However it turns out that the shot was technically crap... just look at the levels.....

These bad levels would kill the dynamic range of any camera.

Right after I received some good files from a friend that had received one of the early D800 cameras I posted about what I saw.
Correctly exposed and processed files showed remarkable results. Having seen those files I bought the camera
and actually switched 35mm system as a result.

But thanks for posting the link. It clearly demonstrates that I did not start with a negative view of medium format digital
and that it is new advancements in 35mm camera and lens designs combined with the instability of MFD that changed my mind.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:54:14 pm by FredBGG »

bcooter

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2013, 01:19:00 am »

......snip........combined with the instability of MFD that changed my mind.

OK.

I'll cut you some slack cause you love your Nikon.

You think it's better than what you used before, fine that's a personal call.

Let me repeat.  That's a personal call.

But the quote about mfd being unstable, on that I call BS.

I've shot tethered and to cards with everything I've owned.  Nikon D2x, D3, D700, Canon 1ds1, 2, 3, 1dx, Leaf Valeo, Aptus, Phase p30, p30+, p21+ and Leica (no tethering on the Leica) and (drum roll please).

Nothing shot as stable, error free, tethered and to cf cards, with the stability of the Phase backs.

I've shot the Phase backs with about every kind of Mac, back to the White 27" I-macs to the next to latest Imacs, to G5's and Intel towers, three versions of 17" powerbooks up to the latest thunderbolt 17".

Early on had a few (by few I mean like three or four) problems due to some new but faulty firewire cords and had to learn to monitor the Contax battery use.

C-1 Version three was almost crash proof, V4 early on had teething problems, but now is a rock, after that .............

Nothing, Nada, not one brand or format did better than the Phase.

Do you run clean computers, new firewire cords, backups on everything, fresh or new secondary drives, max ram, modern graphics cards.  Are your computers clean, your cf cards formatted and dedicated to the specific cameras, fresh batteries, clean contacts?

Did you personally know the software inside and out and/or have a dedicated tech?  

In a very heavy day of shooting, I might have one slowdown/freeze a day with the Phase 99.9% of the time it's low batteries on the camera. With our Canons and Nikons I average 2 freezes a day with DPP, or Nikon Capture or C-1.

If I watch the Contax batteries I'm shocked if we have any slowdown in a week's heavy production.

So what were your problems?

IMO

BC

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:21:05 am by bcooter »

FredBGG

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2013, 02:37:27 am »

OK.

I'll cut you some slack cause you love your Nikon.

You think it's better than what you used before, fine that's a personal call.

Let me repeat.  That's a personal call.

But the quote about mfd being unstable, on that I call BS.

I've shot tethered and to cards with everything I've owned.  Nikon D2x, D3, D700, Canon 1ds1, 2, 3, 1dx, Leaf Valeo, Aptus, Phase p30, p30+, p21+ and Leica (no tethering on the Leica) and (drum roll please).

Nothing shot as stable, error free, tethered and to cf cards, with the stability of the Phase backs.

I've shot the Phase backs with about every kind of Mac, back to the White 27" I-macs to the next to latest Imacs, to G5's and Intel towers, three versions of 17" powerbooks up to the latest thunderbolt 17".

Early on had a few (by few I mean like three or four) problems due to some new but faulty firewire cords and had to learn to monitor the Contax battery use.

C-1 Version three was almost crash proof, V4 early on had teething problems, but now is a rock, after that .............

Nothing, Nada, not one brand or format did better than the Phase.

Do you run clean computers, new firewire cords, backups on everything, fresh or new secondary drives, max ram, modern graphics cards.  Are your computers clean, your cf cards formatted and dedicated to the specific cameras, fresh batteries, clean contacts?

Did you personally know the software inside and out and/or have a dedicated tech?  

In a very heavy day of shooting, I might have one slowdown/freeze a day with the Phase 99.9% of the time it's low batteries on the camera. With our Canons and Nikons I average 2 freezes a day with DPP, or Nikon Capture or C-1.

If I watch the Contax batteries I'm shocked if we have any slowdown in a week's heavy production.

So what were your problems?

IMO

BC

You don't have to cut me some slack because I love my Nikon.
I don't love cameras. I love my wife, my kids and my dogs.

My beautiful daughter

My lovely son.. all 6'3" of him.

My Nikon are just wonderful tools sort of like my carbon fiber hand made surfboards. Tools that I have fun with.
I love kitesurfing huge waves, but I don't "love" my kitesurfing surfboards. I chose to ditch one at sea so I could go and rescue
a completed stranger out in the surf. I love humans and animals. I love my life. Cameras are tools. Some are really good
and make my life easier and help me make the picture I like making.

But back to the subject at hand... I'm not even referring to software or tethering stability and you know that perfectly well.
You know perfectly well what issue I had with the DF as I have responded to you before on this issue.  ::)
I'm talking about the DF and DF with grip freezing up and locking. I'm talking about camera stability.
I'm definitely not the only person to have had such problems.

You don't even use the DF. You use an OLD Contax system with a phase back.

I also used the my Phase One back with the Fuji GX680 and it worked flawlessly. Only very occasional problem if tethered.

Here are many other's that have these pain in the ass lockup / freeze problems and jammed shutters.

Here are some examples so please don't go making unfounded accusations of Bull Shit Mr Cooter or Russell.
Feel free to tell me that your Contax works like a charm with your phase one back, but do not accuse me of bull shitting
regarding the issue of Phase One camera stability.

As you can see from all of these there are plenty of others with similar problems.

by joshshinner » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

Just wondering how many other people were experiencing lock up problems?

Locking up being where you press to release the shutter and the camera just freezes and locks up,
and in order to get going again you have to either switch it off and on again, or remove the battery
and drain power completely. It's annoying in a normal shoot, however if you have the camera locked off
(ie for car photography) and you have to get the battery out, it is a complete nightmare.

Especially seeing as the battery release on the V Grip is terrible and doesn't pop the battery out, so you either have to use a magnet to get it out, or tip the camera!

This happens mainly in mirror up mode, however it does also happen on single and continuous modes.
We've been telling Phase about this for almost 2 years and they still haven't solved it with new firmware.

firmware on camera is 1.25 and we're using an IQ180.

by AnGy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Same problem here.
645 DF was used with a P40+ and now with an IQ180 and locks up sometimes one time over 10 actuations sometimes over 3 or 5 actuations.
Update of firmware to version 1.2.5 did not change anything.

joshshinner » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Drew,

So still no firmware or any sight of anything to fix the immensely irritating lock up problems....
It has been over 2 years and it is mind blowing that Phase have not addressed this issue.
And please don't say we haven't said anything about it,
Phase were first made aware of our issues regarding this well over 18 months ago and we have been promised a fix with every new firmware, yet alas no fix.
The cameras have also been back for repair in that time.

Please tell me when this is going to be sorted?

Not impressed. Still.

John232 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:17 am

My Phase One DF locks up randomly as well. The camera focuses and functions fine, but pressing the shutter button does nothing.
Usually it does this for a just a frame or two about every 25-50 shots.
 I thought the issue might be a specific lens, but it does it with all my lenses ("D" versions, LS versions and 645 manual lenses).
So I am ruling out lenses as the culprit. About 2 weeks ago the camera just refused to shoot and the batteries had to come out of the camera and back.
That has never happened before.

I think the issue might be the automatic switching between LS and FP,
or something to do when the camera and/or back to come out of their power save modes, or it might be the orientation sensor -
the problem seems to happen more frequently when shooting upwards (such as shooting a skyline or tree canopy immediately above me).
 Right now there are too many variables and the problem is too random for me to lay out a specific cause-effect sequence.
The DF has firmware 1.25 and the P65+ has firmware 5.2.2. The most worrisome part is a random centerfold issue with the P65.
I am pretty sure the shot (file) following lock-up has centerfold.

I've reach out to my Phase dealer, hopefully he'll have some helpful feedback. My gut feeling is that there is something amuck with the DF body.

joshshinner » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:01 am

John232 wrote:
Right now there are too many variables and the problem is too random for me to lay out a specific cause-effect sequence.

I must say John, this is the most to the point and accurate review of the phase one camera, and it's exactly what I say to anyone asking me about it.
And I completely feel your frustration... when something goes wrong, to start with it could be one of a dozen things,
which when working under time pressure is beyond irritating. Hope you get your problem fixed....

by NNN634255317662300975 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Same here.
The shutter (in my LS lenses?) sticks shut at the rate of about 1 in 10 shots.
Actually I just sent my body in and the shutter was replaced. But I'm still having the same problem.

by NN891992 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi there

is anyone still having a problem with this

both my iq160 and p30+ on 2 different DF bodies and using different computers on capture one 6.4 and 7.01 shoot occasional frames at a recorded f1

usually happens 1 frame in 100 sometimes a few frames in a row

can happen after a pause or during continuos shooting

body and back firmware up to date

any ideas at all , hyper annoying when working with directing talent into a position.

thanks

Sven
NN891992

645 DF not recognising leaf shutter lenses
by NN153991UL4 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:54 am

Camera body 645df
Leaf shutter lenses 55mm, 110mm and 120 mm and 80 mm
firmware ver 3. on back

I am having trouble with leaf shutter lenses. The camera is not using the shutter speed when leaf shutter lens is on the front of camera. camera OK with normal lenses.
It overexposes to the point where it is white.

I am trying to update firmware to latest version to see if firmware?software has been corrupted.
I have taken batteries out and reset camera to factrory settings.

Cant run FWupdater error message DLL required to run is missing.

by HEIKO121 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am

Hello Drew,
Since you lovked the discussion about jamming 80 mm lenses
I had to open a new one. Yes I sold my Phase One equipment.
It is not possible to work with it professionaly, as long as you do not take two lenses of the same kind with you.
And regarding to the repair of the 80 mm lens I have tto tell that it dorsn't work after the repair.
This causes me so much hassle and stress again cause i probably have to take it back.
You claim that you can't help any further because I sold it,
but perhaps you can tell me and the rest of the community how such help could look like?
Perhaps I send you the still not working lens so you can prove yourself that I'm not telling ****** here and prove that phase One offers some service at least?
Kind regards
HEIKO HELLWIG

by NN8850041 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:11 am

I am onto my third 80mm LS Schneider lens.

This weekend the shutter blades jammed closed and my camera was unusable.
This is the third lens of the same model to do this.
Phase One have replaced my lens every time but I am beginning to lose complete faith in the camera system?
I am shooting in the Maldives early March and I can't afford to have my kit breaking down or out of action.

The digital technician operating my camera and I were both at a loss to explain why the kit was breaking down so consistently.

I am interested to hear from Phase One or anyone with similar experiences?
thanks
Antony
http://www.antonynobilo.com

by NN163027UL » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I had the same issue 2 weeks into the new lens.
The dealer replaced the lens no questions asked but amazingly annoying.
Now that new lens doesn't auto focus to infiniti. Need to bring it in to be fixed. WTF?!

by NNN634255317662300975 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

I have had very similar problems lately.
During my last job, the shutter in the df body destroyed itselt while shooting.
I rented a second body. Then the shutters in both my LS80mm and LS110mm would stick shut like once in 10 shots.
They make a strange noise and then open back up.
This went on during the whole shoot.
Both the body and the lenses were one and a half months out of warranty.
I sent the body in for repair and the shutter in the body was replaced at full charge.
When I asked about the lenses, phase one's answer was I would have had to pay €350 for them to look at them,
with no guarantee that they would find a fix. In which case the shutters would be replaced at full charge.

That's about the worse service I've ever received in my life. And I'm stuck with two time bombs in my bag.

Anyone else have this problem?

by NN159009UL4 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 am

The shutter on my DF body stuck closed after only 2500 cycles. It has been sent in for repair but frankly,
I am hesitant to make any further additions to this system. My scheduled purchase of the 110 LS is on indefinite hold as I have again been forced to regress to my 1Ds III to complete an upcoming job.
If P1 wants to survive upcoming Japanese competition they should take notice, provide excellent customer support and and meet any responsibility arising from their own manufacturing deficiency.

by HEIKO121 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 pm

You claim that the leaf shutter will work over 100000 actuations and do not repair mine after only 4000?
kind of ridiculous isn´t it? And regarding to my new Nikon, there is a much bigger variety of lenses that you can carry with you and they do not cost a fortune.
On top they do not cost fortunes for repairing them.
And they do not sell me "Schneider" lenses made in Japan.

by klabton » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

History of my 80 LS lens..
- repair after +/- 4k shoots (warranty)
- locked again and replaced for a new one. (warranty)
- shutter replace ( paid ) about year ago.
- and the last one, lens locked. Today should arrive... (paid)

(twice repaired shutter in body, once digital back)
I have this gear 2,5 years.....

I don't think, this lens has capacity to take 100k shoots.
I don't even use leaf shutter. But still this lens locks after less than 20000 shots...  

I realize that, after all, the best solution for tethered shooting in studio. Much, much better service than Hass...
Shooting in studio with D800 tethered is a little bit annoying...

What can be done, to improve this system???

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:34:52 am by FredBGG »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:30 am »

Technical issues with Phase One equipment reported/discussed on the Phase One forum designed for the reporting/discussion of technical issues. News at 11.

Shall we go to the Nikon forum, Adobe forum, Apple forum and see if any one is reporting technical issues?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:09:51 am by Doug Peterson »

FredBGG

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2013, 03:43:42 am »

Technical issues with Phase One equipment reported/discussed on the Phase One forum designed for the reporting/discussion of technical issues. News at 11.

Shall we go to the Nikon forum, Adobe forum, Apple forum and see if any one is reporting technical issues?
You can try to write this issue off with another sarcastic post. However I think that other can see that there is a level of complaints and dissatisfaction
that is not what one would expect for extremely expensive equipment.

bcooter

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:50 am »

I try not to keep a synopsis on all of your posts, though the last one pretty much covered it all.

You an expert surfer.
Custom made recreational equipment.
Beautiful Wife.
Beautiful Kids.
Beautiful Dogs.
A List Clients and Subjects.
Humanitarian that saves lives.

All I see is the behavior of a bully.

These type of brand bashing threads have become too strange even for me.

I'm outta this type of talk.

IMO

BC

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:31:08 pm by bcooter »

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:32 am »

Quote from: FredBGG on January 22, 2013, 07:40:26 PM
......snip........combined with the instability of MFD that changed my mind.

I shot twenty magazine covers last year with my P40+ with DF body.  Not one single problem.

I'm based in Miami, Florida and we have about seven professional rental equipment studios.  They all rent Phase one backs.  Photographers from all over the world shoot here.  Some shooting for high end magazines like Vogue, others doing catalogue work.  And guess what they use Phase one backs.

Thank you,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »

LOL - see you on the next hijacked thread :)

I try not to keep a synopsis on all of your posts, though the last one pretty much covered it all.

You an expert surfer.
Custom made recreational equipment.
Beautiful Wife.
Beautiful Kids.
Beautiful Dogs.
A List Clients and Subjects.
Humanitarian that saves lives.

All I see is the behavior of a bully.

These type of brand bashing threads have become too strange even for me.

I'm outta this type of talk.

IMO

BC

FredBGG

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »

And I'm the Bully?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:57:57 am by FredBGG »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up