Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Referencing "It's only Color"  (Read 1539 times)

Patricia Sheley

Referencing "It's only Color"
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

...when we leave the woods.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:26:05 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Referencing "It's only Color"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

Or enter, but not sure if all the blurred trunks leading into the shot aren't too much.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

Very pretty, Patricia, but I agree with Chris. Better to go back and shoot stopped down for extra depth of field.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:50 pm »

Please afford me the luxury of being a lone voice in praise of the differential focus on the trunks.  I find it ideal in this instance.

W

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:34:43 pm »

At the time I was intent on the sense of the tree trunks in dance/waving their arms in celebration not realizing that I was watching. I thought at the time I had gathered a group of focus/exposure multiples to use somewhere down the line. When I started poking around I found to  my surprise that I liked the soft garments instead. I will be poking around more but have added one file that to clarify the dance I saw...

(side note: had received an Oxfam notification this morning that our UK grandaughter had given a goat in our name...it brought the woodland dance back to my mind to process a bit and send to her to show nature celebrating her concern and care for those less fortunate.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:45:48 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »

I like the second image infinitely better than the original post.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »

Please afford me the luxury of being a lone voice in praise of the differential focus on the trunks.  I find it ideal in this instance.

W
I'm with Walter on this. The blurry trunks suggets motion, as if the trees are dancing in celebration (and tossing brightly-colored "confetti" in the air).

(And being a fan of the F/64 school, I seldom care for anything blurry in a photograph.)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:47:08 am »

I like the second image infinitely better than the original post.

#2 for me too. A novel take on the usual upward forest shot.
The sky seems to vary in intensity. Clouds? Processing?

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 11:07:23 am »

Something of both I think Scott...late afternoon, October. Ahead of me to ENE the fronts commonly come along a drumlin line. Behind me to the WSW the sun came and went from earlier cumulus that were heaping at horizon. Pulling back highlights likely amplified the rapid and uneven conditions above me. Hand-held as I saw this possibility passing by. (I was in the crotch of the tree cropping in camera trying to catch the "anatomy of the celebrant" at the moments when sun broke through behind me from west.)

I'll keep that in mind when I return to this group. Always nice to have such questions offered. Thanks. There is a distracting lower right that bothers me. I find myself wondering if I had forgotten to remove the polarizer as I was  shooting just short of wide open trying to catch the "party" before the few sun breaks were gone.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:09:08 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up